Chapter Thirteen

Tremaine Moses

A Week Later...

"I'm on my way there," I said into the phone to Cassie. "Okay. Text me when you get here." she said before hanging up. Today, I was about to go meet up wit her about this whole baby thing. As bad as it sounds I really hope it's not mine. Also I think it's fucked up that Cassie got Jaylyn thinkin' the baby is his 100%. Fuckin' wit her, she might not even be pregnant. I stopped at the nearest Walgreen's to grab a pregnancy test. I went into the Women's health section and grabbed the first one I saw. I went up the register to buy it. The old lady working at the register gave me a judgmental stare when I placed the pregnancy test on the counter. She ringed it up. I gave her a twenty and told her to keep the change. She smiled then gave me the bag. I hopped back in the car and went back to following the GPS. The directions lead me to her big ass house. I had only been here once, the time we had sex. I got out the car wit the bag, and walked up to the door step. I noticed the black BMW in the driveway, with the license plate "Cassi3". Must be her car, "Spoiled ass." I mumbled to myself. Behind the BMW was an all white 2014 CLA250 Mercedes Benz 4 door coupe. Then behind it was my yellow Camaro, that my bastard of a father paid for. I'on like that nigga, but I'll get into that lata. Finally, Cassie came to the door with grey jogging pants and a plain white v-neck. "Hi." she said awkwardly. She reached in for a hug but I was really just tryna get down to business. I stuck my hand out instead and gave her dap. She rolled her eyes and bumped her fist against mine. She lead me to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator while I took a seat. "You want anything?" she asked pouring her self a glass of Iced Tea. "Nah, I'm good." she sat down across from. "So how are you?-"
"Look Cassie, I'm not here to beat around da bush, let's get right into it." I said while handing her the pregnancy test. Truthfully, I didn't want to be here. I could be gettin' money right now. Also this was a waste of time if the baby was not mine. She rolled her eyes. "Wow Tremaine I can't believe you'd think I'd lie about being pregnant. No one wants to be pregnant at 17." she said. "I'm inly doing it to prove you wrong." she then left to the bathroom. Twenty minutes later, she arrived back wit the test. If it was a minus sign she wasn't pregnant, it there was plus sign she was. She showed it to me. It was a plus sign, she really was pregnant. She gave me a look, waiting for me to tell her she was right. "You was right damn. So what else?"
"Well I don't really know, there's not really much to say. I'm 14 weeks pregnant. I went to the doctors last week and they gave me an ultrasound. She said handing me the black and white photo of a fetus. I held it in my hand. I studied it's features, it's little hands were curled up into a ball. The baby had a big head from what I could see. All it showed was the head, hands, and upper-body. Everything else was black. "So what you tryna do, if you want an abortion, I can give you the money. It-"

"What the hell is wrong with you?! I'm not aborting my baby!" She cried. I could see the tears welling up in her eyes. "No I'm not sayin' dat! I'm just tryna see what you doin wit this baby situation." She let her tears fall. "You say situation like the baby isn't a person like it's just some thing or issue to you." I ain't mean to say it like dat. "If you don't wanna be in the baby's life, you can leave. I'm not gonna force you to take care of them if he or she is yours." I wiped her tears for her. "If the baby is mine, I'n gonna be in my child's life regardless. No matta what. I'ma be dere. I'ma be a good ass father." I said. "I hope so." she said. "I'ma talk to you later but if that baby is mine I'ma be there 100%." I said before walking out the door. I hopped back in my car and drove to my house. When I got there, I locked ma doors and walked in tha' house. Afta' takin off ma shoes, I sat down at tha' kitchen table. It was a whole bunch of papers on the table. Being tha nosey nigga I am, I started to look thru dat shit. Dey was all bills, but the one that had caught my eye the most was a bright orange paper with the words 'Eviction Note' in bright red letters. I read tha paper sayin' we had to be outta here by July 4th. I took the paper upstairs wit me and waited until my mama got home.