The 74th Annual Hunger Games

"Shhhh," Katniss said to me, soothingly. "It was just a nightmare, your name is only in that jar one time, you are not going to be reaped."

Katniss had told me millions of times last night that there is more chance she and Gale get chosen than me and anyone else. Katniss had gone to get tesserae so many times to the point that the number of times her name was in that jar was uncountable. I still worried, though. About her, about me, about what Mother would do if either of us died. 

"Okay," I said, worried, wiping my wet eyes.

"Get ready," Katniss said playing with my hair, "I am going hunting with Gale."

 She meant getting ready for the reaping. The Reaping. Two of us, male and female, were going to die. 

Katniss grabbed dad's jacket, her game bag, and left.

I picked out the nicest skirt and shirt I had, they were plain and faded but in District 12 we have no need for decoration as the Capitol does, with their colorful wigs and dresses.

 I put them on the side of the bed, gathered water, heated it and took a bath. I washed up, got out and put the skirt and shirt on, tucking in the front of the shirt. 

Katniss came back an hour later with a full game bag and inspected me.

"Hey, little duck," Katniss teased, I knew what was next and we said it at the same time, "tuck in your shirt."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please vote and comment!

Do you like the story so far? Any suggestions?