Nightmares

I fell asleep in Gale's room. We were as good as family. I thought about what Gale just did, he knows only one of us can make it out, so why did he volunteer? He knows I am too small, I have no chance, he could win, but is he trying to give Katniss a lasting impression by saving me in the Arena?

It was obvious that Gale loved Katniss, and that Katniss loved Gale, anyone who knew them knew that. They had met in the woods years ago, when Katniss was 14 and Gale was 16.

My head fell against Gale's shoulder. I was walking in a desert, it was hot and dry. The careers were hoarding the only water source and all of the iodine. I fell on the floor, I saw stars, then I saw Gale's face.

"Prim! It is ok!" He said; I must have been yelling.

"Don't worry," He said.

"Thank you for waking me up."

"Sure."

"What time is it?" I asked, looking around the amazing room for a clock, feeling guilty that I had disrupted his sleep.

Gale picked up a black stick with weird buttons all over it. 

"What is that?" I asked.

"I think it is a Remote Control."

"What is that?"

"It can make it so you can watch more than one channel, channels are different 'places' to watch TV. It is hard to explain. Think about it like this: There is a power switch that turns all of the trains on. That is this button," He pointed to a little red button in the top corner with a weird logo, "People can get on the trains by stopping at the stations. That would be pressing these arrows."

"Wow."

"I never understood the Capitol. I...I...I wish I could prove that I am not just a piece in their games." he said.

"Well...you kind of are, now."

The corner's of Gale's mouth twitched.

"Rise and shine, Gale! It's going to be a big, big, big day!" Effie's voice came from outside the door.

"OK," Gale responded.

Effie went to the next room, blindly and shouted the same thing, but for me.

Gale and I started giggling.

"Primrose? Are you in there with Gale?"

"Maybe...," I responded, smirking.  I could almost hear her roll her eyes.

XXXXXXXXXXX

Please vote and comment!

What are your worst nightmares? How old were you when you had them?