A Book For A Man Whore Chapter 18

Zac's POV

I rubbed a hand over my face, feeling the roughness of my chin. We were sitting down now at a booth near the window. The light was shinning right on my head. It felt like the sun was trying to get my head to focus too.

"So let me get this straight," I started and moved my hand away from my face. "You're a dude-"

"Technically, but I'm-"

I raised up my hand and then it was silent again. "Let me finish okay? I just need to get this out and then you can say whatever the fuck you want to say.  You're dude right? But you're actually a chick in a dude's body. So that's how you got to be in the picking?"

I still couldn't look up from my hands. I still couldn't believe that I picked an actual guy instead of a girl and I was getting angrier and angrier at Minikin for forcing me to choose.

"Can I take your orders now?" an older woman with greying hair asked holding out her pen and pad.

All I wanted was to understand why I was sitting across from a dude wearing lipstick. He smiled up at her, showing off his white teeth. "I'll just have a small coffee please. What about you, Zac?"

Instead of answering him, I just stared at him with his blonde hair and piercing eyes. There were a few minutes of complete silence before our waitress finally left. Somehow, the place became deathly quiet  and it got really awkward. Worse than it was before.

"Fuck," I said, rubbing my head. It might have been silent in the diner but my brain felt like I was first row at a rock concert. "I'm going to have to leave. I feel like shit right now."

I quickly got out of my seat and walked towards the door. Even though my head was manageable, I didn't feel like being near a guy wearing girl clothes. Ever.

"Do you need a ride?" He voice squeaked a bit.

I cringed and kept walking, pushing the door open with force. "No thanks. I've got it."

Carmen's POV

"Jump in Three," Carter yelled from somewhere behind me. I kept pushing my leg on the pavement, pumping them faster and faster, tucking my arms into my sides. I could do this.

"Two," Zac yelled. Even from where I was, travelling farther and farther away from him, I could still hear the anger and venom in his voice. He wanted to kill me. I bent body a little so that I could move faster, jump higher. The stack of huge boxed came into view as I pushed faster, closer towards it. I was ready.

"One." They said in unison, their voices loud behind me. I stood up straighter and jumped in the air, my body felt weightless, free and totally out of my control. Vaguely I remembered the skateboard that was beneath my feet and the pile of boxes that were quickly coming closer to me.

I wasn't going to make it.

*******************************

Carter slapped my helmet, "You'll get it next time. We still have a few more months."

I gave him a sad smile and looked up at Zac who was glaring down at me. "So," I started and slowly took off my elbow pads. There was a nasty cut on my inner arm that had blood trickling down it. "How was your morning?"

"Really, Minikin?" the anger was could be easily recognized. He didn't even bother to cover it up. His silvery blue eyes looked like they were ready to slice through me at any moment. I loved it. "It was a guy."

"I know," I said and took the towel Carter was offering to me. I smiled at Carter and then wiped the dripping blood from my arm. "He called me and told me that you weren't felling well. You left."