A Book For a Man Whore Chapter 9 (picture of Daniel)

Zac's POV

I pushed the door open and walked unto my house. From the corner of my eye, I saw a male figure stand up.

"Zac?" They called out.

The voice was familiar. Too familiar. It sounded a lot like something from a dream.

"Ya?" I yelled back.

I slammed the door shut and dropped my keys on the table near the door. The place was empty. With Ashley out (most likely sleeping with some guy who will soon get his ass kicked). My mother, the workaholic since my dad left, is of course, at work (all that's ever on her mind is work, work, work). So that just left me. That's the way it's always been ever since my older brother, Drake, got married. Well, I haven't really seen him since his wedding day actually. (Which was about a year or two ago).

I walked into the living room where they were and my eyes widened.

"Drake?"

He smiled nervously and put a hand through his dark brown hair. I stared at him. My jaw on the floor.

"What's up man?" He asked.

My eyes widened. What the fuck was he doing here?

I rolled back my shoulders and nodded my head in reply. He smiled again, nervously. And that's when the awkward silence hit. I looked over at him with a confused look. He just smiled nicely at me.  It was annoying and pissing me off to no end.

He never came over since he got married. Barely ever called, and now he's here.

"So. Why are you here again?" I asked still standing up.

He sighed and sat down, putting a hand through his short brown hair. His eyes were unfocused. As is, he was going to get shot if he told me something.

"No reason man. I just wanted to hang out with my little brother you know?"

I nodded my head in response. 

"Look, Zac, I know I haven't called or seen you in a long time, but I'm not dad."

The second he said that, a picture of my father came into my head. Of him with his arms around my mom's waist while I was sitting on top of Drake's shoulders. I clutched my fists at the memory. The fact that Drake didn't really care about what happened to our parents really pissed me off. But i couldn't really blame him. We're ten years apart, and he was already an adult when Dad left us. I wasn't even a teenager.

The look on Drake's face was still unfocused, but I was too angry to even give a fuck about it. I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge.

"Nothing's in the fridge man. I already checked" Drake yelled out to me.

And he was right. All that was there was a carton of milk, some grapes, and butter. I slammed the door shut. Time to go grocery shopping.

Carmen's POV

I pulled away from Daniel and he tilted his head to the side. His darks eyes studying me.

"You're crying, honey."

My phone started vibrating and we both looked down. I pulled it out of my pocket.

"What happened? Where did Daniel go? Where are you? Where..." Leah kept on going. Talking and asking questions before I could even answer the last one.

"Leah, tell everyone to meet us at Daniel's house." I put my arm around his shoulder and we started walking out of the mall smiling like complete idiots.

Today was a perfect day. And nothing was going to ruin it. Nothing.

*************************

" Ok. Why are we here at Daniel's house?" Leah asked.