Chapter 18:Is that how ugly you look when you cry!

She stood behind the curtain and watched as they left. Tears stung her eyes but she fought them back. There's no way she could go back to them now, especially after tricking Brian into kicking them out.

This was her mother she was kicking out. A mother who'd done nothing but love her and adore her and care for her...

I'm Amani,she said to herself. Not Taraji... Taraji is dead, mum.

A phonecall dragged her back to reality.

It was Koi.

"Hey you! So you were saying?," asked Koi.

"My mum and sister were here," mumbled Amani. "I convinced Brian to kick them out!"

"What!" Koi blurted. "Does Brian know the truth now?"

Amani sighed. "The only thing he knows is that I have a mum and a sister who are evil!"

Koi went silent.

"Hallo?" Amani blurted.
"Aren't you tired of the lies?"

It was more of a statement than a question.

Then Amani recalled something.
"By the way," Amani started. "I don't get how my mum got the address to my house! I mean,I just moved in the other day and-"

Amani went silent.

"It was you!" She hissed.

"I did not-"

Amani laughed. A bitter laugh. "Of course it was you! How could I be so stupid! All this time it was you!"

Koi was trying to defend herself but Amani was having none of it!

She hung up.

The thought of Koi, her best friend, betraying her was killing her. She had trusted her... And now this. Tears welled her eyes and she found herself crying...

why I'm I crying? I shouldn't be crying!

"Amani!" Brian called from the living room.

She quickly brushed off her tears and cleared her throat, "Coming!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Tracee stormed in angrily. Her mother, Beatrice had been quiet all the way, not saying a single word. She tossed herself on the couch and asked Tracee for the Bible. Tracee grabbed it from the shelf and gave it to her.

She had had enough of Taraji! She was tired of her games! She was tired of her always winning. She was tired of her stressing their mum up! Argh! She was just tired... fed up!

"Listen mum," she said. "I'm done with Taraji! I will never try reaching out..."

Beatrice just flipped through the pages of the Bible.

"Mum! Are you listening!" Tracee snapped.

Beatrice looked up at her. "I agree..."

Her response surprised Tracee. Confused her,to be precise.

"Remember the story of the prodigal son?," she asked. "His father gave him freedom and  let him go and when he came back, the father still received him, even throwing a huge party to celebrate his comeback. Note that, when he had wandered away, the father didn't pester him. He waited patiently... That's what I'll do with Taraji."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Lilly was lost in thoughts. Wishing time would turn back. Maybe then she'd have her daughter back.

Safe and sound...

Daniel huffed. "And did they arrest that killer?"

Brian growled. "No, the bastard battered my sister to death and threw himself from the balcony. He was found dead."

Tears trickled down Lilly's cheek. "She died a painful death. Even her baby."

"What about her corpse?," asked Daniel, who seemed concerned now. "Will it be brought back to Kenya?"

Brian sighed. "Yea I guess..."

Amani was getting bored of this whole Vera story. It was draining her but they kept talking and talking and talking about it and it just pissed her off. Vera was dead. Nothing they did now could bring her back. Not even the talking...

The doorbell rang.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Cece forced herself in the minute Amani opened the door. Lilly was shocked to see her. So was Daniel. She tossed herself on the couch, right next to Brian and stared at all of them.

"I knew something was wrong," she said smiling. "I was peeping through my  window, hoping to see Brian leave for work, of course. Then shock on me! Lilly stormed in through the gate crying! Followed by my ex-lover, Daniel. Then these two women. Then minutes later, they left, one looking sad and another so furious!"
Cece smirked. "I couldn't hold back the Lillian Muli in me any longer! I had to know what was going on! Lilly, damn girl! Your eyes look ugly! Is that how ugly you look when you cry!..."

Cece smirked and said. "No wonder Daniel cheated..."

Lilly glared at her. "What did you just say!"

Cece rolled her eyes. "What did you just hear!"

How Lilly got to Cece, No one knew! One minute she was slapping her, the next minute she was pulling her hair and before they could even blink, Cece was kicked out like a sack of garbage!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey lovely readers,

I'm done with The Vera story now! It's draining me! It's boring me! And I wanted to do funeral manenoz but Naah,I can't!

So R.I.P Vera,we loved you coz you were the first to tell us Amani's real name.Go well...Till we meet again...Tutaonana baadaye...

So thanks guys for reading. Hope you enjoyed reading...

Please read
Please vote
Please comment
Please share
Please follow

Love y'all

*slide to 19*

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••