Chapter 20:I don't want to be a captive in a prison i created myself

Louie was standing at the door, his hand leaning on the wall, looking so sexy as always in sweatpants and a polo shirt. He was smiling coyly at her with his perfect killer smile and for a moment, Amani thought he was flirting with her.

"Are you flirting with me?," Amani giggled.

Oh shoot! Amani what have you just said?

He stopped smiling and got one step closer to her. She could hear his heart pounding and he was breathing hard. Then he whispered to her ear.

"I hope it's not a crime," then he looked at her with that devilish smile. "Coz if it is, I'm ready to be cuffed."

Amani hated herself for a moment for allowing this.

Brian loved her...

I'm married, she pinched herself.

Then she stepped back and cleared her throat. "What do you want?"

Louie grinned. "I want you!"
Then he giggled. "Naah, I'm here to see your husband..."

Ouch! She felt embarrassed.

Amani noticed he was holding something in his hand. "See him for what?"

Louie sighed. "I need to give him some stuff..."

Amani threw him a questioning look. "What stuff?"

He rolled his eyes. "Manly stuff!," he paused. "Now can you excuse me?"

Amani blocked his way.

Louie cackled. "You know, I feel that you're enjoying keeping me at your doorstep so that you can flirt with me all you want without your husband seeing you!"

Amani cackled. "What did you just say?"

Louie grinned. "You enjoy flirting with me!"

Oh please! Amani rolled her eyes and before she knew it, Louie had already got in.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Yes man!" Brian greeted Louie, coming from the kitchen.

Louie grinned. "I brought you the stuff you asked for..."

The 'stuff' was piled up in a small black polythene paper and Amani was confused.

Brian looked at Louie and shook his head, "No, I don't want!"

Louie was confused then he chuckled, "but you asked for it!"

"Because I was not in my right mind," was all Brian said.

Louie looked angry but he tried to hide it with a plastered smile. "Okay... See you when you see me."

He left and banged the door.

"What was that!" Amani was dying to know.

Brian just shrugged, not in the mood to dig into that.
"Nothing really," he said going back to the kitchen.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

He'd been silent at the table. Something was surely wrong. And now as they sat watching a Chelsea vs Bournemouth game, he didn't cheer in glee when Eden Hazard scored the first goal.