Agent Last Resort

"I got friends in low places, where the whisk—" My phone started ringing, cutting off the song I was listening to. I answered it, knowing whoever it was, they weren't going to call again.

"Agent Found." I heard before I could say anything. "I don't go by that no more, Windu."

"Fine. Do you prefer Romanova?"

I rolled my eyes. "Why'd you call me, Fury? I told you I'm a last resort."

"We need you." He answered vaguely. Typical.

"Just like you needed me in New Mexico? I already confirmed that the 0-8-4 was Mjolnir and that big guy was Thor."

"What else are you doing? Besides, listening to country music."

"Hey! I live in Rose Hill, Tennessee. You get used to it. Besides, I know you love Garth Brooks." I said.

He was silent.

"So, Windu, what is this important thing that so important that you call me? Oh, and before you answer that, have you done Phase 2 yet?" I asked.

"No."

"Have you done the Avengers Initiative. Although if you had I probably would've already heard about it on T.V?"

"No."

"Then, Fury, why are you calling me? I come after all that. I am the last resort. I am—" Fury cut me off.

"Barton is compromised."

I slammed in the brakes. Thank the Gods that there was no one else on the road. I was silent. I was trying to comprehend what Fury said. Clint was compromised. No. Just no.

"Does Laura know?" It was the only thing I could choke out.

"No."

"Does Natalia know?" I hadn't spoken of Natalia in five years. Not since Clint and I brought her in. Not since Budapest. I could tell that Fury was surprised that I said her name, as well. There was a reason I was a last resort.

"No."

"What the hell, Nick!" I yelled. Nick let very few people yell at him, or call him Nick. I could. How? I'm just that awesome.

"I have Coulson ready to do it."

"So what are you waiting for!"

"I need your consent." He said.

"My consent? Nick, why the hell do you need my consent. Agent Pigeonfart is not my partner anymore." I started driving again. Though, I was ready to slam on the brakes again.

"For Avengers." I slammed on the brakes.

"NICHOLAS J. FURY, HOW MANY DAMN TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU! IM NOT GOING TO BE A DAMN AVENGER!" I yelled. He just told me Clint was compromised, now he's putting the Avengers thing on me again.

"Are you done?" He said after I stopped ranting.

"Yeah."

He was quiet so I figured he wanted an answer.

"When do you want me to start?" I ask after a while, tired of Nick asking me to be an Avenger. I was now at my house. Or what ever you call what I live in. It was small but bigger than a trailer. It was also abandoned. So free house. I had fixed it up, though. I got the water running and got locks put on.

"First I need you to get to New York." He said as I got out of my car. I scoffed.

"And how do you think I'll get there?" I asked as I opened the door. That son of a bitch.