Chapter 2

Jema stared at her notification "what the" she cursed. Palipat lipat siya ng IG tas twitter di siya makaget over.

"All right mare, bukas mo nalang ifollow back para di ka naman halata" she smiled and turn off her data and go to sleep.

They still had their training, in preparation for UST match up.

--

Pagkagising ni Deanna she automatically grab her phone and her accounts she's expecting a follow back from Jema but it seems na wala pa. She shrug that little dissappointment she feels.

She grab her towel para makapag ayos na but before that ginising niya muna sila Kat at Ponggay they had a jogging at 6:00 am at 5:10 na. Habang nagaayos she taught about her sched for day. Got a class at 8:00 till 11:30 then sa afternoon naman class ng 1:30 pm to 3:00 then training na onwards. She off the faucet and look at herself at the mirror "you got a long day ahead Deanns".

She was eating lunch with her bestfriend Luigi, they've been blockmates since first year  and Luigi become her bestfriend since then.

"Gi, I'm having cold feet with our game 2 with La Salle" she sighed.
Luigi drink water first then look at her.
"Those negative thoughts wont let you win Deanns, turn it into eagerness nalang, imbes na matakot ka, you should be excited na ibawi ang Ateneo.
Gi, it's just that... I.. I...dont... Luigi cut her.
"Deanna, look who wouldn't be nervous?, they maybe the number one team but hey, We got "Deanna Wong" napangiti si Deanna and Jho,Kat, Bea and the other girls,Trust your team Deanns, but first trust your self"  Luigi messed her hair. Okay? he give her a wide smile.
"What will I do without you Gi?" she teased.
"Dont think about it, I always be here"
She really feels lucky about having Luigi as a bestfriend..
"Thanks Gi"
"Yeah, bored na sagot ni Luigi, you eat na so we still has time to read before magstart afternoon class natin"
Tumango siya at sinunod ito.

Deanna was resting in her bed. Scroll scroll lang siya bago matulog, finollow back na siya ni Jema kaninang hapon. Ang laki ng ngiti niya kanina at di matago ang kasiyahan habang nagtritraining. Inaasar siya ng mga kateam mates niya kung naka ilang rice siya, ang taas daw ng energy tinatawanan niya lang mga ito. I'ts Jema making her feel so light and happy.

Saturday afternoon and she's on her way to the venue ng UST vs. ADU game. Maagang natapos ang training nila today, coach Thai give them enough time to rest for their one big fight to DLSU tomorrow but instead of sleeping like her other team mates do. She needs to see someone who give her this happy feeling. She smile foolishly. She look at her self at the rearview mirror. "Stay cute Wong" she chuckles.

Nakafirst set na ng makarating siya sa Arena, she automatically look that at the girl wearing jersey number 8. "Galanza with a score" napa palakpak siya. Chill self baka mahagip ka ng camera bulong niya sa sarili. The whole game she was just looking at Jema. Hindi niya alam kung sino ba ang nakakascore sa kabila or what. Nanalo ang Adamson against the UST she made her way to the dug out kung saan papasok ang Adamson. Kinakabahan siya pero she wanted to talk to her badly, since last game nila she's the only thing running in her mind. If this is crush or greater than crush, she cant control it.

Nginingitian siya ng mga lady falcons "Congrats" she says to them. And they say "thanks" in chorus, nakikita niya ng palapit sa kanya si Jema. Mas lalo siyang kinabahan kasabay kasi nitong papasok si Mylene Paat. Parang nagtaka ito ng makita siya pero tinanguan naman siya neto. Nakalagpas na ito ng dalawang hakbang ng maibuka niya bibig.

"Ahm Jema" hindi niya alam kung narinig nito iyon nabibingi kasi siya sa sobrang lakas ng kabog ng dibdib niya.

Luckily huminto ito at lumingon sa kanya at bumalik kay Mylene "te, sunod ako" paalam nito.
"Sige" tumingin naman si Mylene sa kanya at sumenyas lang na mauuna na..

Lumapit ito sa kanya. She stand in front of her  and cross her arms. She smiles at her, it was so contagious not knowing nakangiti narin siya dito. Nabored na ata si Jema binasag na nito ang ngitian nila.

"yes Deanna Wong?" she asked her with a smirk.
"I...I.." she saw kung paano napakunot ang noo ni Jema.
"about the last game, she finally say "look I just wanted to say sorry about the staredown, you and your team is so good, nadala ako with the intensity of the game" Napahinto siya sa pageexplain ng marinig niyang tumawa ito. She took all the courage she has to approach her then tinatawanan lang siya nito. Geez. She's really amazed with this girl.
Pinalo pa siya nito sa braso as if their closed friends laughing into something.
"akala ko naman kung ano na Wong, pero I appreciate you ha, wala sakin yun. It's nothing, ikaw palang nagsorry dahil nang staredown, isa pa nakabawi naman ako ng staredown" she wink
Nanlambot bigla ang tuhod ni Deanna sa wink na yun. Napatulala siya ulit dito Jema bite her lower lip why do she always do that she asked herself. She wonder what it would feel if she was the one biting that. Napabalik siya sa katinunan ng tinapik siya ni Jema.

"I'll go ahead na"
"Sige, baka matuyuan ka pa ng pawis" she said but she noticed something at Jema's face. Did she blushed?
Jema was about to turn around to hid her face when Deanna called her out again.
"Jema can I have you, I mean your phone number?" she stammered.
"Okay" she grab Deanna's phone and type.
Jema give back her phone then run inside the dug out.
She look at her phone then smiles when she saw the named save by Jema "Pretty Jema".
sounds right she whisper.