14. breakups & new couples

Dylan POV

I was sitting in the kitchen around 2 in the morning because I couldn't sleep when Ashton opened the door. "What are you doing still awake" he asked me. I shrugged. "Guess I should be off to bed" I mumbled walking by him. He grabbed my arm "Wait" he said. I looked at him. "What's that on your wrist?" He asked looking down.

I pulled my arm back "nothing" I said. "Pull down your sleeve" he said sternly. "No" I said firmly. "Dylan" he said warningly. "I'm serious" he said. I just looked at him and started to walk away but he grabbed my shoulder to turn me around. "I can't do it anymore" I said falling to the ground. "What no baby you can you can" he said bending down to hug me. "I can't-I'm sorry" I mumbled. "I-I'm not h-happy" I mumbled. "What are you saying?" He asked looking at me. "I'm sorry" I said crying. "I-I can't get married" I cried.

-

"One room please" I said half smiling to the girl at the front desk. "216" she said handing me a key. I got on the elevator and went up to my room. I opened the door and I placed my one small sad bag on the floor. I was going to get my other things in the morning. I sniffed and sat one the bed. I pulled out my phone and called Jake. "Hello?" He said answering the phone. "hey Jake" I said. "hey dyl" he said. "Um could you meet me at the coffee shop I have to tell you something" I said.

"I'm actually glad you called I have to talk to you about something too" he said. I sniffed. "Is-is everything ok?" He asked. I nodded but then realized that he couldn't see me. "y-yeah" I said shakily. "Dylan" he said. "I'm fine ok?" I said sternly. "Ok 9 o'clock?" He asked. "Ok" I said and hanging up. I let tears fall down my cheeks. Then my phone started ringing. I looked over the contact name read 'baby💗'
with a picture of me and Ashton kissing. I don't wanna answer. yes you do. No I don't. yes. no. I screamed and threw my phone across the room and started crying.

-

I woke up at 7. I took a shower. A long ass shower mostly me crying. I got out and blow dried my hair then straightened it. You didn't do that for Ashton did you? "Shut up" I said out loud. I put on light makeup I never liked full face makeup. Then I threw on some jeans and a t-shirt. It was now 8:30. I walked out of the hotel to find paparazzi. "Great" I mumbled. I walked out. "Mrs. Henderson! Why did you stay in a hotel and not in your house with Ashton Irwin?" One reporter asked.

"Did you cheat on drummer, ashton Irwin?" Another screamed. "Why aren't you wearing your ring?" Another shouted. That's when I got into the Uber I called. We drove up to the coffee place to see Jake was already sitting down. I smiled as I sat down next to him and placed my bag down. "Hey" he smiled. "Hi" I smiled. "So" we both said at the same time. We laughed. "You go first" I said smiling.

"Ok so" he started "I don't know how to say it so I'm just gonna say it" he said looking at me. "I have a girlfriend" he smiled. My heart broke in two. "A g-girlfriend?" I asked. He nodded. "She's actually over there" he said waving her over. A girl who was blond and very skinny with a perfect smile and not a single pimple on her face walked over and grabbed jakes hand. She's basically everything I'm not. "Her name is hannah and we met a few days ago at this coffee place actually" they both laughed looking at each and smiling, how me and Ashton were just a few months ago.

"So there's something you wanted to tell me?" He asked smiling. "No it-it doesn't matter" I said flashing a fake smile. "Ok, do you guys wanna go back to my house?" Jake asked. "Yeah" I said. I stood awkwardly behind them while they flirted. I honestly want to burst into tears that very moment.

-

"Hey everyone!" Jake said walking in the house. "I'm gonna go talk to Colby" I said walking upstairs. "Ok" he said then started talking to anna. Oh shit I mean hannah? Wait was it hannah or anna. I walked into Colby's room. "hey" I said flopping on his bed. "Heyy" he said warningly. "Don't give me that" I said turning over. "Give you what?" He laughed walking over and sitting next to me. "That pity look" I said. He looked at me.

"There it is agin" I said. "Why would I be giving up a pity look?" He asked. I looked at him. "I broke up with ash" I mumbled. "You did what?" he asked with wide eyes. "W-why?" He asked. "It didn't feel right" I said tearing up. "No no don't cry" he said hugging me. He let go and I wiped my tears. "and Jake has a girlfriend" he said connecting the dots. I nodded and sighed. He started laughing. "What?" I asked laughing.

"Remember when you came in here and started kissing me" he said laughing. I giggled. "That was so long ago" I laughed. "Yeah" he said. "I bet my lips taste different now" I laughed. "I bet they don't" he said looking up at me. I looked at him. We both looked at each other's eyes. I saw his eyes shift down to my lips. We started leaning in before connecting lips. Our lips moved in sync. He rested his hand on my cheek. I moved away after a minute. He smiled at me. "Tastes the same" he smiled. I laughed.

word count: 1002

sorry for the sad chapter :((
tell me what your thinking :))