Chapter 1: Preliminary rounds

Jay would yell out as his hair spiked up and turned gold as well as his tail. He'd then rush at the arcosian and his best friend Renegade as they both clash. Each attack causing shockwaves that echoed through the land. Renegade powered up into his final form and began pummeling Jay in the gut. He'd then grab Jay by the neck with his tail and fling him down into the ground. Jay would fly into a mountain side that toppled on impact.

Renegade: Come on buddy this was supposed to be a challenge. Stop holding back and go all out

As soon as he said that Jay would smirk under the rubble from the mountain and power up as he became a super Saiyan 4 and then he'd vanish and as he did he'd reappear behind Renegade and in an instant he slammed his fist into his friend's face then he'd knee him in the gut followed by a sledgehammer to the ground

Jay: This good enough for you buddy?

Renegade would be scratched up. He'd cough up blood as he attempted to get up. Once he managed to get up he'd smile as a golden aura surrounded him and eventually it calmed down as his power level skyrocketed. Jay smirked as he floated down and stood right in front of his now golden friend.

Renegade: I have been meaning to test this power on you.

Jay: I'm eager to see how strong this form of yours is.

The two warriors simply vanished and continued clashing as they traded blows that shook the land. Jay would end the clash by dodging an incoming punch. Jay would then clench his fist and go for a counter only for Renegade to dodge then they began to dodge and counter consecutively until they both slammed their fists in each other's face. Jay would float backwards and Renegade would do the same. They'd both get a serious look on their face as Jay powered up to 100% and Renegade would do the same. They then both rush at each other yelling until a short green fly looking alien appeared in front of them causing them to stop instantly which caused a gust of wind to blow all over the place.

Messenger: Hello warriors. You and 8 of your friends have been chosen to participate in the multiversal tournament. Where you will face foes from different universes and timelines.

Jay: Oh cool

Renegade: Interesting

The two powered down as the messenger continued.......

Messenger: In 2 years there will be the preliminary rounds. Gather the following warriors and begin training

-Son Goku
-Prince Vegeta
-King Piccolo
-Trunks
-Son Gohan
-Genkio
-Blitz the legendary super Saiyan
And
-Majuub

Jay: Will do

The messenger disappeared as Jay and Renegade went to tell the others. Once they gathered everybody they told the what happened and then began training for the next year. Jay went into the time chamber by himself while Goku trained with Gohan and Uub on the land of Kais. Vegeta took a space ship and went to go train. Trunks and Renegade stayed behind with Genkio and Blitz to train even harder than before.

On a deserted planet........

Vegeta takes a step forward as he sees Jay and Goku attaining the super Saiyan 4 transformation. His pride and anger being pushed to his limits as he collapses to the ground. Kneeling as he yells in pain. A tail sprouts from his tail bone and his power cracks the planet as he transforms rapidly through super Saiyan to super Saiyan 4. His power was great and heavy. He looked up at the sky.

Vegeta: Hahahahaha I have finally done it. I have reached super Saiyan 4 on my own. Hahahahaha.............

In the time chamber.............

Jay would be a super saiyan 4 fighting a cloned version of himself as he punched through the clone. He then stood in a single spot and charged. His ki overflowing passed his natural body limits as his red fur and tail and black hair turn white for a split second before losing the transformation completely and he falls back.

Jay: So I'm still not done getting stronger yet huh? Good.

Back on Earth......

Everyone made amazing progress in the first half of the year Renegade would be meditating inside of a volcano and Trunks, Genkio and Blitz fought for 6 months straight gaining new powers. Goku taught Uub Kaioken and Gohan how to push passed his limits and enter super Saiyan 3. With only 6 months left till the tournament will the Z warriors be ready for the threats coming their way.

Somewhere.......

???: So this tournament has a good bit of potential. Let's see how they progress. Hahahahaha.