7

"Y/n... wake up..."
I groaned, turning my back towards the sound as I continued to sleep.
"Wake up"
"1 more minute"
The feeling of someone snatching the blanket off me caused my eyes to open. "What the- what..."
I rubbed my eyes, unable to see properly due to my morning blurred visions.
"Jungkook... what are you doing here?!" I screeched, jumping away from him in shock. He laughed, scratching his neck nervously. "I wanted to apologise for yesterday" he mumbled quietly.
"What was that?" I say, unable to hear him properly.
He groaned. "Sorry for yesterday"
"Oh..."
We sat there quietly staring at each other before I decided to break the silence, "you can't just barge into my room like that."
"I-I... uh... I knocked a few times but you never answered, so I came in to see if everything was alright"
Silence commences once again, as I shifted around uncomfortably on the bed.
"About yesterday..." I say, but he quickly cuts me off. "I was drunk'!"
I sighed, closing my eyes in frustration.

At this point, I could feel the tears that I've been keeping in the whole time fall endlessly down my cheeks.
"You know what? you actually made me feel special for once... y-you treated me differently and made me happy. I really thought our relationship was progressing, but I guess I was wrong. I mean nothing to you, right?" My voice shook uncontrollably as I threw my hands over my mouth and sobbed quietly.
His face softened as he debated whether to comfort me, but decided against it.
"I'm sorry you felt that way. If that's your way of telling me you like me-"
I quickly cut him off, my voice slightly shaky, "No, No, No! It's not like that! There's no point... I'll be leaving soon anyways, so it's better if we don't get too close. After all, you are a prince. We can't ever be together" My heart thumped almost painfully in my chest as I let out those words. It sounded more like me trying to convince myself, rather than me telling him.
He nodded his head.
"I'm so sorry. I promise, it was never my intention to hurt you. You should know that I wouldn't have let you stay here or talk to you if you meant nothing."

"Y/n! Don't forget about duties!" A voice yelled out behind the door.
"Yep! Coming!" I replied as I scrambled off the bed.
We waited until the footsteps faded away before he turned to me and smiled apologetically.
"Are we good?" He asks.
"Sure" I reply.