12

I quickly changed into my maid uniform then rushing out of the room. I was already late.
The first thing I realised when I got outside was "where was everybody?"
I spun around and ran around the empty palace, yet no one was there. Not even Jungkook.
I jumped in shock when I heard a loud honking noise outside and loud cheering.
Rushing outside of the palace, I see the whole place packed with people, Jungkook standing at the very front.
A carriage was coming and there was a viewable flag attached to it with the words "Choi Kingdom" and a symbol.
My mouth fell open in shock as I dug my nails into my palms.
I stood at the staircases, unable to move from my state of shock. I knew I shouldn't be feeling this, especially when I've seen this coming. I knew this day would come, yet I couldn't stop but feel my heart break apart all over again.
Jungkook took her hand and guided her out of the carriage, giving the back of her hand a little kiss. He whispered something to her, causing her to let out a giggle before leading her down.

The crowd cheered as the prince and princess held hands and smiled at each other.
She was beautiful. Perfectly fit to be a princess. I was nowhere near where she was. Perhaps I don't deserve him. Perhaps I'm not good enough.
"The marriage is tomorrow evening" someone yelled out, but I don't know who.
I looked down, and I see Jungkook staring up at me, his eyes widened and mouth agape. He mouthed an "I'm sorry" before looking towards his fiancée.

"I have to return home immediately" I say to myself, packing a little bag with stuff I'd possibly need.
Sneaking out of the room, I closed it then looked over at Jungkook's room. I sighed in defeat before heading to Namjoon's office.
'Knock Knock'
"Come in" a voice says inside.
I hesitantly opened the door before coming in.
"Sorry to interrupt" I say.
He gave me a smile before pointing to the empty seat opposite him.
"No worries, y/n. What can I help you with?"
"Erm. I want to leave before tomorrow" I bluntly say.
There was a long silence before he lets out a little, "oh..."
He gulped before taking my hand. "I know how hard it is for you, y/n. But this is how it is. He has to marry her"
I sighed tiredly. "I know"
"I can't stop you from leaving if you truly want to" He says, giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.
"Thank you" I mumbled.
"You'd have to look for the God. I heard whoever it is, they have the same symbol as you on their forehead" he explains.
"I did some researching, and I'm pretty certain I know where he is" he whispered.
"Really?! Where?" I ask hurriedly.
"Jeon Village. It's apart of the Jeon Kingdom. Though, it is not located around here. It should take an hour to get there. I could lend you a horse and supplies" he added.
"That would be wonderful!" I squeal in delight.
"Here. A map" he says, handing me a piece of paper with a beautifully and accurate map drawn across it.
"It's best if you leave tomorrow. I'll make sure you have company" he says with a soft smile.
"Oh, and make sure to ask Jungkook for a weapon" he added, and I immediately frowned knowing that I'd have to talk to him again.
"Thank you so much Namjoon. You have no idea how much you helped me out. What would I have done without you? Thank you, thank you. I'll never forget this. I'll repay you one day" I say.
"Shhh. There, there. Don't worry. Be safe" he whispered, pecking my forehead and patting my head.
"Now go to sleep. You have a long journey ahead of you" he says and I nodded.
"Night" I say with a wave.
"Goodbye" he replied sadly.

Shutting the door to Namjoon's office, I quietly tip-toed back to my room. Unfortunately for me, I carelessly bumped into someone. And that someone happened to be Jungkook.
He looked down at me in confusion and guilt.
"Y/n..." he whispered.
I looked into his eyes before taking an audible gulp. This might be the last time I'll see him.

"I'm sorry" I say with a bow before excusing myself back to my room.
However, he grabbed my wrist and brought me in for a hug.

"You're getting married tomorrow, huh?" I ask.
He only nodded sadly in reply.
"I hope for your happiness. Please take care of yourself, your wife and your kingdom. It's a huge job. I believe in you, please remember that"
"Thank you" he mumbled.
"Thank you for everything." I say with a smile.

He had no idea what that meant. Was she leaving?
Before he had any time to react, I bowed once more before sprinting back to my room.