cuatro

capítulo cuatro [04]

......

dean sat in mrs. richards' office again. it was last period, and he was spending it in her office instead of in math. the other students found yet another way to humilate him, as if dousing him in beer wasn't enough. yes, three very immature fifteen year old boys found it funny to throw a bucket filled with beer on a fellow school mate.

those three boys: dylan mcarthy, ronnie zallinski, and joey martin, all three were regular miscreants in the school, and also three main bullies of dean. 

luckily, they were sent to the principal's office, awaiting the arrival of their parents. dean hadn't said a word as he sat in fresh clothes he got from the clothing drive in the gym. his beer soaked clothes were in a black plastic bag, beside his school bag. he was shuffling his fingers around, his eyes averted from mrs. richard's stare.

"i think i like someone," he spoke in a hushed tone. mrs. richard's raised an eyebrow in fasination. "really?" dean looked up and nodded. "well, tell me, who is she?" she wasn't too pleased about it because she knew that high school romances didn't always turn out okay in the end, but she was a bit happy that dean may find a bit of happiness in it, that is, if she likes him back.

"i found her her name was noelle," he said. "wait, you aren't trolling me, aren't you?" mrs. richard's said amusingly. dean laughed and shook his head. although she was old, she had taken a liking to dean's music taste, and she found it rather pleasant, other than the occasional loud screaming here and there. "no, ms. evans told me she was kind of new here, and that she really loves art."

"oh, and speaking of art, here," dean pulled out his sketch pad from his backpag. he flipped the pages until he found the sketch he did today. "i kind of got carried away with it a little," he said sheepishly. 

"awe, dean, is this her?" he smiled and nodded. dean had made a light sketch of noelle's face, from memory though. of course, her face would forever be implanted into his memory. "does she really have purple hair?"  dean grinned and nodded. "she's different from all the other girls, but it's one of those good differents. i like it," he said, taking the sketch pad back.

mrs. richard smiled as dean went on about noelle; although he didn't know her, he seemed so infatuated with her, like she was his sole purpose at living. she smiled and listened to every word he spoke. there was a hint of excitement, and comfort in his voice. he seemed happy. he was happy. she liked seeing him like this. maybe this was a going to be a better part of his life now. 

as she thought about this, she also thought about what would happen is things don't happen as dean would want them to. still, she hoped for the best, because she hated to see him unhappy. 

......