nueve

capítulo nueve [09]

......

"hey dean," she said, the smoke spilling from her mouth. he smiled weakly at her as he oved across the room. "why didn't you come to school today?" he asked. she shrugged and took another long pull from her blunt. "did anything happen?"

"kind of."

"kind of?"

"yeah."

"does that kind of have to do with the blood on your shirt, and your brusted lip?" he nodded. 

dean didn't know what to tell her. he wanted to say that he lost control today; he wanted to say that he regrets ever neglecting his family; he wants to say that his guide and only friend thought the girl that gave him happiness wasn't good for him, and that she wants him to leave her.

"yo, dean, you're obviously not fine. come here."

he moved and went next to her. she handed him the blunt, which he took without a word.

"you don't mind that i invited someone, right?" his head make a quick turn to her. "huh?" 

"he's a friend of mine. a really close friend."

only two words had registered into dean's head: him and close.

"okay." he said. it wasn't really okay. how could she bring someone to their private place. it was his private place at first, but he thought he could bring her here, and he trusted her not to bring anyone else here without his knowing, and now she's exploiting his trust.

she felt her cold, dry lips on his cheek. he smiled and gave her back the blunt. "who is he?" he asked. he saw her eyes light up, and her pale cheeks brought up some color; his heart sank. he knew what it meant.

his eyes had lit up ones, and his cheeks were rosey red- because of her. just the mention of her name made his heart race, and his face hurt from trying, so hard, not to smile.

now she was feeling that too; but for someone else.

...

"dean."

"what."

"is that anyway to talk to your mother?"

they were at the dinner table, trying to act like a normal family, but there was fear, and and tension in the atmosphere. dean's father's beady little eyes were set on his son as his mouth worked up and down. 

"i got a call from your principle today," she said, cuttin ghear steak. "oh."

she slammed her fork and knife down and glared at him. he stared at his plate of untouched food. his hands were clasped between his thighs. 

"oh? dean carmichael what the fuck did i even teach you in these 16 years of your life?!" she raged. "nothing," he muttered. "what did you day?"

"i said nothing. you taught me nothing. you call yourself a mother? WHAT MOTHER BURNS THEIR FIVEYEAR OLD SON BECAUSE HE PEED HIMSELF?!" his words were filled with hatred. "DO NOT SPEAK TO YOUR MOTHER LIKE THAT!" his father boomed. he turned and sneered at him. 

"or what? you'll beat the life outta me?"

he wiped his mouth and threw his napkin aside. 

"now you listen to me, you piece of shit. we're going to start acting like a family, and a good fucking family too. now get your shit together and eat your dinner."

dean scoffed at him. "family? this ain't a family!" he yelled, knocking his plate over. 

cathy, his little sister, was sitting in her chair, tears running down her face. she was scared out of her wits; she'd never seen her brother this angry. "dean..." she whimpered. he looked down at his sister, but he didn't regret his actions. "STOP CRYIN'!" their father raised a hand to smack her, but dean pushed him away from her. 

"go to my room, and lock the door. do not even think of coming out."

he watched as her small, fragile body, ran up the stairs. he turned back at a furious father and mother. "you shouldn't have done that. i'm going to make you wish you shouldn't have even been born," he said through gritted teach.

dean clenched his fists and awaited his fate. he was just so angry.

so angry at the world; at noelle for being in love with someone else, and taking him to their place; at mrs. richards for being to unreasonable; at the kids and teachers at school for being so hard on him; at his parents for not caring; at himself... for living.

they all made him so unhappy.

he made himself... so unhappy.

......