once

capítulo once [11]

......

he held it in his hands, and a power shifted through his body, sending a shock to his brain. he was breaking slowly before, but now, everything's speeding up x10. "what's that?" dean quickly hid his new toy behind his back. the sudden voice of noelle had startled him.

"nothing," he responded blankly.

"what are you doing here?"

"i came to find you."

"why? i thought you were going to be with... your friend."

"dean, it's important."

her eyes began to water, and dean knew something was wrong. "what is it?" she bit her lip and looked away. a second later, she coughed up tears and went into his arm. he put his arms around her, still confused, as she cried unto his chest.

"noelle, you're scaring me," he said, holding her up by the shoulder."

"dean... how long have you been here?" she asked, wiping her tears away. her eye makeup smudged a little.

"since this morning... why?"

"mrs. richards was looking for you... she went to your house to talk to you, and..."

she started to cry again.

"what?!"

"your dad... she said he was really mad, and he was talking about a gun of his being missing..." dean felt a lump his throat, "and he was holding your sister by her neck... and..."

"WHAT?!" dean was furious. "what are you trying to say?"

noelle's eyes held pain and discomfort. "dean you're hurting me..." she whimpered. he left go of her arms and stood up. "don't.." he shook his head and stepped back. "i'm sorry dean... he was really angry... and he was drunk, and..."

"NO!" he screamed at her. his hands flew up and ran through his hair. "no," he kept muttering the word.

he had taken his father's gun. he was going to use it against himself, but now it resulted in his sister's demise.

"and your mother... she... she just left.. i saw her speeding down the road. that's how i ended up at your place. mrs. richards tried to stop him, but he tried to hurt her too."

"and? what did you do? did you just stand and watch?"

she shook her head vigorantly. "no, i did what was right. i called the police."

dean sunk to the ground and cried. "it's my fault."

"no, dean, it's not." she said, sitting next to him and rubbing his back. "everything's my fault. everything." he cried.

she had no words to console him, so they sat there, wallowing in his sorrow;

his unhappiness.

......

// why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so my story 'backpacks' got restored. go check it out if you haven't.