Beach Thoughts

A gentle breeze blew across the city of Lilycove, the smell of salt rising in the cool air. Up above, the sun was only partially hidden behind light gray clouds, the rays kissing the earth and sea. The light out here wasn't too bright but it also wasn't gone completely by a rampaging storm. It was perfection at its most natural form.

Perfect weather in the eyes of Archie.

  The former Aqua leader was walking along the beach, sniffing the scent of the sea and observing the Wingull flying over the vast ocean. He exhaled, hand fidgeting with his trident necklace, the necklace that holds his Mega Stone.

  Mega Stones. Key Stones. Both something that he and his rival Maxie sought after to help bring prosper and peace to Hoenn. But their ideal worlds were crushed by the clash of the titans, Groudon and Kyogre. A clash that almost destroyed the all the people and Pokemon of the region.

Thankfully, that trainer he and Maxie encountered and battled summoned the powerful Dragon-type Rayquaza, and the beast calmed the raging Legendaries. All was restored after that, but now people see Archie and the rest of Team Aqua as villains. Villains who were hellbent on world domination. Maxie and his team weren't spared from the slander either.

  Archie quietly growled to himself, shaking his head. He wasn't a villain. Neither are his grunts and Admins. They were all striving for the goal of oceanic expansion for the Pokemon. Now they realize that expanding the seas for the sake of the Pokemon was incredibly ludicrous. Maxie and Team Magma must've felt the same way.

Archie sighed. He hated having these droning thoughts and flashbacks to everything he and Maxie caused. He wanted to move on, but all the memories hit him at the worst of times like a tidal wave. He'll probably never get over it, and everyone else will see him and Maxie as lunatics.

Maxie.

It has been a long while since he and the former Magma leader saw each other eye to eye. Perhaps today would be a good time to visit and check up on him.

Archie tossed out his Pokeball, his Sharpedo now in the water. He gave the Brutal Pokemon a few pats on the nose before hopping on.

"Head out to Slateport." he told his trusted starter. "We gonna see an old friend."

The Sharpedo gave out a loud "Shar!" in response and dashed across the waves like a dark blue comet, with Archie holding on and alone with his thoughts.