Panic at the Contest

(Yes, I did indeed name this chapter after a terrible and overrated emo band, come at me)

Outside the Contest Hall, the denizens of Slateport and the surrounding cities were gathered at the glass entrance doors, an excited murmur resonating throughout the crowd. Only a small handful of Pokemon were out of their Pokeballs and interacting with the people.

In the gathering crowd, Archie and Maxie walked forwards, Archie's arm around the shorter man's waist. While Maxie felt slightly awkward at the gesture, he didn't say anything. He enjoyed the other's touch.

No one seemed to notice the pair as they walked to the entrance. Until an angry voice sounded from the crowd:

"Hey, it's the Aqua and Magma leaders!"

They both stopped in their tracks. Now all eyes were on the two, the friendly conversations evolving into concerned and confused whispers.

Archie looked around, panic and anger rising within him. He then looked over at Maxie, who seemed completely unfazed by the stares.

"Just keep on walking," Maxie whispered. "Ignore them."

Archie nodded, and he and Maxie continued walking. The murmur of the crowd grew louder, but Archie tried to ignore it.

"What are you terrorists doing here?!" a brunette woman shouted, pointing at them. "You're not welcomed here, after what you did to all of us!"

Archie grounded his teeth. They were so close to the doors. He just needed to ignore them...

"Oh, so not only you're terrorists who wants to kill us all, you're also queers!" she yelled once more. "Leave, you vile fuckers!"

Archie snapped. Releasing his grip on Maxie, he rushed at the woman at blinding speed, his brown eyes filled with fury. He yelled out and punched her square in the face. The woman cried out as she fell to the sidewalk ground.

Maxie yelped and ran to the infuriated man.

"Don't ya ever talk to either like that to us again!" Archie bellowed. "I'll sick my Mightyena on ya if I hear more of your bullshit spewed from your mouth, ya hear?!"

Maxie tugged at Archie's arm. "Archibald, stop!" he cried.

Archie snarled, then noticed it was Maxie on his arm, pleading him to stop his onslaught. He looked at the crowd, then back at Maxie.

"Let's get out of here." he muttered, practically grabbing Maxie by the waist and running away with him from the shocked crowd.