The Argument

Maxie huffed and stared down at Archie as the pair jogged to the park, away from the commotion at the Contest Hall. His eyes were filled with anger and disappointment.

"Archie, you fucking idiot!" he snapped. "Why did you punch her? Now law enforcement is going to be onto us, and people will really hate us more than they already do!"

They stopped, and Archie turned to look at the redhead.

"Didn't like what she was saying about us-" he said, before Maxie shoved him.

"You shouldn't have punched her! We could've had a normal night!"

Archie snarled. "It wouldn't have been normal at all! We had people nagging about us!"

Maxie turned, stomping away from Archie.

"You still shouldn't have done that." Maxie said calmly, still not facing Archie. "I told you to ignore them."

Archie sighed testily. "Can't really ignore people who say ignorant and bigoted shit like that."

Maxie looked down at his boots. Archie did have a point, but his outburst was unnecessary and dangerous for the both of them. Not only are they labeled as ecoterrorists but also violent towards bystanders. He sighed.

"I'm going." he said.

Archie's eyes widened. "What?"

"I'm going home." Maxie emphasized. "I'm tired and upset... I just don't wanna deal with any of this crap right now."

Archie cocked his head. "But the cops?"

"I will explain everything." Maxie responded. "You should be the ones worried about the Grumpigs."

Archie snorted. "Grumpigs." He laughed.

Maxie shook his head, and began to walk away. "Just tell them it was self defense. Tell them they antagonized us or something along those lines. Goodbye, Archibald." He then disappeared down the dark street, leaving Archie alone in the park.

Archie heaved a sigh, sitting down on one of the wooden benches. Then he heard footsteps and animalistic snarling. A light shone on the Aqua leader, making him squint.

In front of him stood three police officers with their flashlights in hand, their Mightyena were barking and snarling at Archie.

"Archie of Team Aqua!" one of the cops shouted. "You're under arrest!"

Archie stood up, slowly walking to the cops.

"I'll explain everything." he said, mirroring what Maxie told him earlier.

Let's hope he's not in deep shit right now. Archie thought as he was handcuffed.