A Little Wicked

Avery's P.O.V.

I wake up to the sound of a huge crash, coming from the kitchen. I look over at my phone checking what the fuck would be going on at the hour.

3:28 a.m.

Great. It's Monday fucking morning. I get up out of bed grabbing my old baseball bat from beside my desk and walk to my door. I then hear another huge crash. What the fuck is going on. I open my door silently and creep down the stairs holding the bat close to me and peer around the corner wall.

'Is anyone there?' I call out softly before hearing a huge thud.

'OWwWW'

I walk into the lounge room to see Ethan spread across the sofa, with my mum beside him with a first aid kit. I lower my bat and toss it onto the carpet before running over to them both.

'What the fuck happened?' I say with a raised whisper.

My mum looks up at me and then back at Ethan gesturing him to speak. Slowly, Ethan sits up with a grunt of pain.

'Its nothing Vee, don't worry about me' he says with a soft but painful smile.

'I don't believe you. What happened Ethan?' I say as I sit beside Ethan.

Ethan just looks down and sighs before lifting up his shirt to reveal a huge cut from the top of his torso to the top of his v-line. I was lost for words and I put my hands over my mouth before looking at them more carefully and running my finger along the side of it. Ethan then softly whines in pain before looking away letting his hair droop over his eye. I could feel the blood in my veins boil.

'Who did this to you.' I say whilst looking at the cut.

'Its nothing Vee, I swear, I'm fine-'

'I said who.' I say with a raised voice.

My mum then stands up and looks at me then back at Ethan, before giving us some space. Ethan looks up at me and hesitates before talking again.

'It was that asshole you dated a year or two ago... He came at me when I was walking home... Please don't do anything stupid vee...'

I walk over to the other end of the room grabbing my bat off the floor staying silent.

He will not get away with this.

'Vee nononono don't even think about it. He has a fucking knife.'

'And? He will not get away with this Ethan. He will not.' I say before walking back over to Ethan.

'You sound a little wicked' Ethan says with a soft and painful chuckle.

I softly smirk.

'I learn from the best, keep mum distracted... I'll be back' I say before kissing him on his forehead and walking to the door.

'Wait Vee..' Ethan says, making me turn around in confusion.

Ethan stays silent, looking me up and down, realising what I'm wearing. I then look down at what I'm wearing and look back up at Ethan.

'I should change shouldn't I?'

'Yea you probably should, but dont dress in some track pants, surprise him' he says with a soft smirk, trying to hold back laughter.

'Hmm.. Smart idea' I say as I sprint upstairs. A few minutes later I come back downstairs wearing a skintight black dress with sneakers and I look over to Ethan waiting for his opinion.

Ethan's P.O.V.

Holy shit.