Prom 101 ; The Dress

Grayson's P.O.V.

I went home early today. I couldn't stop myself from the letting the burning tears roll down my cold cheeks. I was walking in the hall with some of my mates, and then I noticed a huge circle forming around a classroom door. Whatever it was I just had to look, like every other teenager would. But I regret it. I regret the 5 seconds of my life to look at my ex getting a public proposal to prom. I didn't know at the time who it was that asked her though. But it didn't stop me from finding out. They went viral.

'Ethan Dolan got a YES!'
'Avery Goldburns got a date with the badboy'
'OMGGG VEEEEE IS GOING TO PROM WITH HOTTIE DOLAN'

Everyone came up to me asking me questions about them. And I couldn't answer any of them. So I walked out of school leaving a note for Mr Jones.

I walked home and stormed into my room, ignoring my mum staring with confusion. I slammed the door behind me and threw my bag by the door and lied on my bed and stared at the ceiling, just crying.

'Sweetheart? Are you okay? You're supposed to be at school toda-'

I hear the door open slowly and my mum walk in and freeze at the sight of me crying.

'W- you're crying- what happened?' She said as she sat at the end of my bed looking at me comfortingly.

'Ethan asked Avery to prom. And she said yes. They've gone viral. And everyone's asking me about them and I couldnt- I just couldn't-' I say trying to hold back tears.

'Hey hey hey sweetheart, dont cry...' Mum said as she hugged me.

...

A few hours had passed, and I hear a knock at the front door. I walked out of my room and went downstairs and looked at the kitchen clock.

4:30pm

I thought of all the people it could be. Ethan, Dad, Cameron, Blake, Jackson, maybe even Jayden. I walk to the front door and open it to see Avery with a bottle of Bourbon.

'Oh- hi Avery...'

She looked worried.

'Hey Gray, are your parents home? Or Ethan? Or Cam-'

'Nah, Ethan is out for a while, and mum and dad have a meeting with the school about graduation, and cam went with them.'

'Okay good, can I- can I come in?'

'Uhh yea of coarse' I say as I step aside so she can walk in. She walks in and puts the bottle of bourbon on the kitchen bench.

'So... How have you been?'

She looks at me as I close the door. She lifts up the bottle of bourbon and with a quick flick, she flicks the bottles cap off.

'Anxiety is killing me, and I've got a 1 in 2 chance of being prom queen, I've never gone to a prom, I hate stressing about this kind of bullshit event, I haven't got a dress, or a stylist for hair or makeup, and I feel like utter shit' she says so quickly it was almost impossible to understand, and as she takes a swig of the Bourbon.

'Ok ok ok easy there tiger, my mum could do your hair, you could easily do your makeup cause you're amazing at that stuff, you will find a dress so don't worry, and why do you feel like shit?'

'Because me and you broke up over a month ago, and now I'm going to prom with your identical twin brother, which surprised me as well, and- and I miss being able to talk to you without having to be tipsy, because every time I'm sober I just want to cry because I miss the memories and I miss being able to call you a friend' she says as she looks down at the bottle and passes it to me.