Avery's little secret

Ethan's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of a phone going off, but it doesn't sound like mine. I look down to see Avery still in my arms from many hours ago, slowly waking up. Damn she looked cute. I lied there holding her close to me, waiting for her to wake up, enough for me to sit up without rushing her to awaken. I then hear a soft mumble.

'Ethan?' She says with such a cute and tired mumble.

'You're finally awake'

'Its too fucking hottttt' she groans as she rolls across the bed, unraveling herself from the blankets, falling onto the floor.

I couldn't help myself but laugh.

'OWWWW'

'You good down there?'

'Yeaaaa perfectly fine'

I get up out of the bed and walk over to Vee, lifting her up over my shoulder.

'NooOOoO eThAnNNNNnnnN!' She squeals as she squirms and laughs.

I chuckle as put her down, making her stand in front of me. She looks up at me smiling like I've never seen before. I look down at her, letting our eyes meet. We both stayed silent for a while before we both jump to the sound of Avery's phone turning on, playing music.

'Wait... What day is it?' I ask before looking back down at Vee.

Avery quickly walks over to her phone and turns it on, checking the day and time.

'Oh fuck, we need to go. Its Monday and I have a Psychology exam in 1st period' she says before sprinting across the room looking for clothes.

I quickly look around the room for my shirt, almost forgetting that it was sliced by Jacobs knife.

'Um Vee... What the hell am I going to put on? Jacob destroyed my shirt'

Vee looks me up and down then takes off the shirt she was wearing overnight and throws it to me. I quickly put the shirt on and look myself in her mirror to see if I look alright, before turning around to see Avery only wearing a bra and shorts, scavenging through a drawer. I feel my cheeks burning up and I gulp before walking over to her.

'Vee.. You know you can get away with wearing an oversized hoodie with shorts'

'.... True.... I'm stealing yours' she says as she sprints to her desk, where my khaki hoodie was placed, putting the hoodie on.

'You better not spill anything on it-'

'I won't, I won'ttttt. I've only got exams today, no practical work, anyways, do I look alright?'

'You always look good Avery, no need to ask me of you look good. Just be aware gray will get all butthurt by the fact he can't touch DaT aSssSsSs' I say holding back laughter.

'ETHANNNN' she says as she throws a pillow at me, hitting me right in the chest.

We then hear Avery's mum call out from downstairs. We look at each other before sprinting downstairs to see Mrs Goldburn making breakfast. Before Avery and I could sit down and talk with Mrs Goldburn, Avery's father walks into the kitchen, noticing Ethan was here the night.

'Hey sweethear- Oh... Ethan... What are you doing here?'

Avery looks at me and I look back at her and then her father before talking.

'I came early this morning to help Avery do some last minute studying for her exams today' I say as I smile innocently.

Thank god Mrs Goldburn was in on the secret of Jacobs attack. Mr Goldburn then nodded and walked upstairs, going straight to the guest room. Me and Avery looked at each other and then looked at the clock on the wall.

'We should probably get going' I state before getting up and grabbing my bag from hours earlier today.

'Yea we should... See ya mum, see you after school' she says as she gets up and hugs her mum, and quickly runs out with my hand in her hand.

'Well aren't you in a hurry' I joke.

'Every place is better than there' she says still holding my hand. She then looks down at our hands and softly smiles before quickly letting go and changes expression.

'You know, I've never been in your room before, its way more different than I expected' I say as we walk side by side to school together.

'And how so? Did you expect all of these posters of boy bands and all of these weird ass photos of guys?'

'Nah, just expected it to be more girly, if that makes sense'

'Mhm makes sense, but I'm not the same as every other girl so my room is obviously different'

'That's true'

There is a silence between us for a moment.

'Can I tell you something... And it needs to stay as a secret between the two of us'

I look at her and nod.

'I've done some really bad things... Do you know the scarlet gang?'

'Yea of coarse, I've been trying to get into it for a while, why are you asking? Have they done anything to hurt you? I will not hesitate to kill them-'

'Woah woah easy tiger, nobody has hurt me, and there will be no killing. For the past few months I've been apart of the gang. Which might explain my ability to-'

'To run up into windows 5 metres above ground, shoot multiple weapons, magically know how to fix gun wounds, yaddddeeeee yaddddaaaaaa'

She looks up at me shocked.

'Yea, I already knew' I say looking forwards with a smirk.

Avery's P.O.V.

We continued to talk about the Scarlet gang on our way to school, but as soon as we step onto school grounds, we see both Ethan's group and my group, sprint up to us with sheets of paper.

'VEE LOOOOOOOK!! YOU'VE BEEN OUT IN THE DRAWER FOR PROM QUEEEEEEEEN!' one of my friends squeal before shoving the notice into my face.

'What? No, I-I'm not even going to prom, there's no point in being in the drawer-'

'wHaT you arent going?! VEEEE YOU NEED TOO!!'

'I don't need to go to some stupid prom, I'll just stay home and watch all the Saw movies or something'

Jayden then hands another notice to Ethan and points at 2 of the names on the list for the Prom kings that have been nominated, and Ethan looked shocked.

'Eth, what is it?' I ask before looking st the notice.

Both Ethan and Grayson were nominated.

'I'm only going if Vee goes' Ethan says as he folds up the notice and puts it into his pocket.

Ethan then looks at me and I groan.

'Fine I'll go. Just need to get myself a date within the next month' I say with a very sarcastically joyful tone.

Me, Ethan and the groups laugh and we head to our classes.

How the fuck am I going to find a date to Prom...