Before & After: Mysteries and Names

Chapter 2:

Mysteries and Names: 

After the incident at the Bakery I could still feel my heart pounding in my chest. I couldn't stop thinking if he would actually show up, or if he just played me for his own amusement. 

I had to shove everything about him off to the side though and focus on the party. There was so much to do, and a ton of things to be organized. 

I quickly called over my best-friend Lucy, hoping she'd be able to help me out. Luckily she came over with a bunch of party materials. 

We covered the rooms with colorful streamers and balloons. Closed off my parents bedroom, including mine, and started getting the snacks set up. 

After around three hours of hard work everything was finally finished. We were just waiting for the DJ to finish setting up. I decided to leak the news about the Bakery boy to Lucy, considering she was my best-friend since pre-K. 

"Ohmygosh! What's his name!?" She screamed after being told all the juicy details. 

"Well that's the thing, I don't really know." 

"You don't know?"

"Nope. He know's my name though, so who knows. If he comes, maybe i'll find out," I smirked and did a quick check to make sure everything was put together. 

For the most part all of my friends were respectful at parties, but some I just couldn't trust enough to let lose. I was expecting a ton of people to come, including the boy from the Bakery. 

Before I had time to day dream the door bell rung and the party started. People piled into my house and instantly started dancing to the up beat music. 

I forgot about everything and danced until my feet hurt. Everyone was laughing and dancing, eating and talking, it was wonderful. Usually all my parties ended this way, outstanding. 

"Macy, look behind you! Is that him?" Lucy yelled over the loud music. I turned my head instantly and saw the curly headed boy making his way towards me. I left Lucy behind and walked over to him.

"So you did come," I shouted over the music.

"Yeah, I did." Someone bumped me and my body quickly bumped up against his. I laughed and smiled, trying my hardest to play cool.

"So curly, what's your name?" 

"Well if I were to tell you i'd have to take you out on a date," He grinned and leaned closer.

"I might have to take you up on that," I responded immediately. Knowing I would in a heart beat. He leaned in so close I could feel his lips tickle the tip of my ear. 

"Harry," He whispered. My body tingled as he pulled away, smiling at me happily. I nodded my head and grabbed his hand. Pulling him deeper into the crowd.