Before & After: The Secrets Out

Chapter 4:

The Secrets Out:

I woke up with a pounding headache. What time was it? I rolled over and saw Lucy, still asleep and snoring loudly. I laughed and hit her with a pillow softly. 

"Lucy! Wake up!" She groaned and slowly fluttered her eyes open. She looked around at her surroundings and lightly chuckled.

"Seriously? The floor?" 

"Yup, guess we were too tired to make it to the couch!" we laughed for a bit, then made our way to the kitchen. I grabbed two bowls and a box of Frosted Flakes. 

"Hey, what's on your wrist?" Lucy asked, coming closer. 

"Oh nothing, just Harry's phone number." I tried to stay calm, but the last part of my sentence came out as a squeal.

"You're so lucky! I swear he's from One Direction! I could tell by his voice and curls!" I rolled my eyes at her comment, she really was a crazy girl. 

"Don't roll your eyes at me! He really is!" 

"Shutup Lucy, he would've told me!" nothing came out of Lucy's mouth, but she did stick her tongue out at me. I sighed and started eating my cereal. 

"I think i'm going to call him later today actually," I confessed. Lucy's eyes went big and her lips formed a crooked smile.

"You so like him!" She gleamed and hugged me briefly. 

"Maybe I do," I muttered. 

We spent the rest of the day cleaning up and watching TV. After awhile Lucy eventually left and I pulled out my phone, knowing it was time to call Harry. 

As I punched the numbers on my phone I waited and listened to the annoying ringing. 

"Hello?" Harry's voice seemed a little bothered, I wondered what from.

"Hey Harry, it's Macy," 

"Oh hey Macy." his voice lightened up and sounded soothed by the sound of my name.

"Harry it's time for the photo shoot!" The voice didn't belong to Harry, it belonged to someone else who almost sounded Irish. 

"Give me a second," Harry shouted back. I stood silent, completely confused. Photo shoot?

"Harry?" I mumbled into the speaker.

"Yes?"

"What's the photo shoot for? Are you like a Calvin Klein model or something?" I was really hoping he would tell me the truth, instead of leaving me hanging.

"No, no. I'm not, but do you think I could pass as one?" there was that charm of his personality shining through the cute and shy barrier. 

"Maybe," I admitted, knowing he totally could. 

All I heard was laughs coming from the other end, and they weren't Harry's laughs.

"Calvin Klein model? As if!" A different voice chanted, it wasn't the same Irish boy, it seemed more settled. 

"Harry, who are you with?" I asked, completely confused.

"Nobody, just some friends." he mumbled. 

"Just friends? We're more like brothers! One Direction forever!" I knew that voice belonged to the Irish lad. I couldn't talk, it was as if my tongue was swollen and words just couldn't make their way out. My throat was dry and I stood in my room, probably looking like a fool. 

"Macy I," Harry tried to explain through the phone but I couldn't even comprehend his words.

"You're actually in One Direction?" The words blurted out of my mouth, finally escaping. 

"Well, uh yeah, don't freak out okay? And don't tell anyone!" I nodded my head, even though I knew he couldn't see me doing so. 

"I have to go though, i'm sorry. I'll call you later, promise." he continued. And before I even had the chance to say bye he had already hung up. Me, Macy, the awkward, overly excited teenager was dating Harry Styles, the boy from One Direction and I never would've known if it weren't for the clumsy mouths of others.