Toxic Friends

Beth

"Give it UP BETH!" Otis grips my throat and slides his other hand down my pants.

I look around in fear and Slade comes around the corner in confusion.

"GET OFF!" Slade charges at Otis once he notices and throws him into the lockers with forced and anger

Otis looks at him in fear. "S-Slade... I'm sorry!"

"YOU WILL FUCKING LEAVE HER THE HELL ALONE AND DONT EVEN LOOK AT HER! YOU BETTER TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS THE SAME THING OR ELSE-" he holds up his knife and slices Otis's hand, making him scream.

I gasp. "Slade!"

"NOW GO!" Slade kicks him and the guy runs off.

Slade smirks and waves with his fingers.

I sigh. "Thank you... but there was no need to cut him"

He turns to me. "Maybe not, but it keeps them away"

"Wait... I thought you didn't want people to know you're doing this... why did you tell him to tell his friends?" I ask.

"I'm not gonna hide anymore. Plus it'll stop the bullying all the way. You're... apart of my life now and I'm not gonna be selfish and not let people know I'm the one protecting you" he says and I smile.

"Well thank you, Slade" my smile grows. "Well work on you not using the knife" I wink.

"Uh yea no, that's something I can't do" he laughs.

"We'll try. Anyways, wanna eat lunch?" I ask.

He pulls back his smile. "Yea sure! I always eat outside so I don't have interaction" he winks.

I shake my head. "We should eat inside. So you can HAVE interaction" I smirk and he rolls his eyes. "Come on" I walk off and he staggers behind me. We get to the crowded lunchroom and sit down at a seat for just us. I pull out my poptart and Slade looks at me with his hands in a ball together. "What are you looking at?" I ask in the nicest voice ever.