Peeta

"OH, CRAP!" Rory yelped, springing away from me. "Heyyy Katniss..."

"Honey, I can explain." I tell her futilely. She glowers.

"Well, I guess we're even now." She says sadly. "Carry on." And she leaves, just like that. Not"How could you?" or "Why?" 

And what did she mean, "'We're even now'"? What could she have possibly done... Wait... I can think of a few things...

Betrayal stings like a TrackerJacker. I push Rory out of the way and bolt after my wife.

"Katniss? Katniss!" I call after her. When I reach the house, she already has a small satchel packed.

"Peeta, I knew the moment I saw you that we weren't going to work out." She says, voice devoid of grief, containing only regret. "I wasn't down for Haymitch's plan then, and I guess it still doesn't feel right. Only your assurance and my debt were keeping me here, and now, them." Katniss gestures to the two children. I sigh.

"Katniss, c'mon, we can work through this." I beg. I don't want her to go.

"Peeta, you're gay." She says slowly, as if to help me process, "I still think you're amazing and I'm solidly shocked but, I've gotta go. It's not you, it's just a long overdue visit." Katniss propped our daughter up on her hip and strode out into the garden.

"Katniss! Where are you going?" I ask, but she ignores me.

"Hey, Rory!" She calls, "Where's your brother at these days? It's time he met his daughter."