Chapter 8: History Repeats

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

Third Person P.O.V

?????: "Papa!" the little girl yelled out happily.

The entire medical tent went silent to what the red-eyed little girl with unnatural turquoise hair that was in twin braids said out loud. Some of the wounded even stopped screaming for a split second to look over with their mouths dropped open. However, no one was more shocked than (Y/n), who felt as if his entire world was falling apart right about now.

He had no recollection of doing the dirty deed. He was still young and this little girl in front of him looked around five. He wouldn't have even been a teenager if he were to have her and the first real girl that he was close to was Tanya and Mary and we was certain that he never did anything sexual with them. There was no way she would be his daughter but a certain fiancée was seething right now.

The day before they were talking about having kids and here they are with a child claiming him to be her father. She pulled away from (Y/n) and glared at him as she crossed her arms while looking away. The little girl slowly climbed up his bed and made her way towards him as she sat on his lap and hugged him.

Weiss: "... I didn't know you already had a child." he said with Vooren and Visha nodding their heads in agreement.

(Y/n): "I don't have a kid! Look at her and look at me, there is no way I could have had a kid. Look how old she looks! I would have been very young when I did something like making a kid and at the time, there were only two girls I knew at the time. And I can guarantee that I never did anything to them." he stated with them.

Visha: "Wait! You had a baby with the commander?!" she asked still in shock.

(Y/n): "Are you only listening to the parts you want to hear?!" he yelled.

?????: "Papa, don't be mad, be happy." she said turning to him to make a smile with her fingers on her face.

There was an audible "aww" from Vooren, Visha, and even Benio who was slightly looking over to them. (Y/n) was trying to resist the urge to hug the adorable child sitting on his lap but his arms began moving on their own and before he knew it, he was hugging the little girl which made him feel happy and calm inside. It felts strange.

Visha: "Hey, what's your name?" she asked the little girl with a friendly smile.

The little girl places a finger to her chin only to shake her head telling them that she didn't know. (Y/n) looked down to the little girl feeling a bit bad for her. As far as he knows, the little girl most likely lost her memory during the battle at the city. Her parents were more than likely dead seeing that her parents weren't anywhere near her and none of the people near them at the moment seemed to recognize her at all. He looked over to Benio who made eye connect with him and quickly looked away. 

Not wanting to deal with an angry Benio, an idea popped in his mind and a smile stretch across his face. He remembered the name that Benio liked when they were forced to go through baby names.

(Y/n): "How about we call you Sae?" he asked the little girl.

The little girl seemed more than happy with the name as she began repeatedly saying the name over and over again. (Y/n) then asked Vooren, Weiss, and Visha to show Sae around to meet the others in the battalion to keep her distracted which Vooren complained that he was basically babysitting now. As they left, Benio slowly rolled her wheelchair closer to (Y/n) with a small smile and blush on her face.