Chapter 11: The Promise

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

Third Person P.O.V

(Ten Years Ago)

Inside the country of Legadonia Entente Alliance on the eastern coast at the capital, a black car with tinted windows slowly drove away from the Port Arnelus and made its way out of the city and into a more rural location by the coast.

It took the car about two hours before they arrived at their destination and by the time they arrived, it was around the mid-afternoon. The car slowly drove up the driveway to a small home with a wooden fence around it. In the front yard, a little girl with long brown hair with curled ends and green eyes was playing in the snow and building a snowman. She was wearing a green wool coat, brown boats, white earmuffs, and gloves. Her name was Mary Sue.

She looked over to see the car as her father, Anson Sue walked out of the house looking a bit confused as he was not expecting any visitors. He walked over as the two front doors opened as two men in suits walked out and made their way over to Mr. Sue.

Mr. Sue: "Can I help you?" he asked.

The men in suits began telling him that his cousin in the Empire would like him to look after their adopted son for an "uncertain amount of time". Mr. Sue was understandably confused by the sudden request. Before he could respond, one of the men walked over to the back door of the car and opened it and practically barked at the person inside to get out.

A little boy with (S/c) skin and short (H/c) hair came out of the car wearing shorts, a short-sleeve shirt, and shoes. He was clearly not dressed for the cold temperatures of the north as he was hugging himself and shivering. Mr. Sue eyes widened as the boy looked at him allowing him to see his red eyes.

The men began talking more with Mr. Sue as the boy looked around and spotted Mary staring at him. When they made eye contact, Mary yipped and quickly ran behind her snowman. She shyly poked her head out and just watched him, he only sighed as he looked at the grown-up before quietly walking away from the house and into the nearby woods towards the coast. He made sure to step on spots on the ground where there was no snow to make sure that he couldn't be followed.

Mary watched the two men in suits panicked as they noticed that the boy had disappeared and began cursing. The two ran in different directions looking for him as Mr. Sue walked over to Mary and crouched down to her.

Mr. Sue: "Mary, wait here alright? I'll be right back." he said before leaving to help the men in suits.

Mary tried calling out to him but he had already ran off after one of the men. She looked in the direction the boy went and nervously went after him. She walked for a few minutes until she reached the shore where she spotted the boy sitting on the edge of a small wooden dock. He just stared into the Baltic Sea shivering.

Mary slowly made her way over to him only to make a small creaking noise when she stepped onto the dock. The boy spun his head around and saw her, he wasted no time and stood up before reaching into his pocket and bring out a small switchblade.

?????: "Don't you dare come any closer!" he ordered.

Mary got scared and stumbled back only to slip on some ice that was frozen on the dock. She landed on her head and stopped moving. The boy's eyes widened as he put the knife away rushed over to Mary and dropped to his knees on the cold ground. He checked if she was alright only to see that she was just unconscious.