24

"PUSH YOU OUT, PULL YOU BACK IN"

PART TWENTY-FOUR

PART TWENTY-FOUR

she was back in town. their mother. and both of the twins hated that.

however, it was monica's fault. she's the one that called for her. asked for her help. montgomery was furious when she told him. he hated his mother and his father.

the twins were sat in their house, mindlessly watching re-runs of friends on the television that sat over the fireplace. monica continued to scroll through the comments regarding her attack on jessica while montgomery huffed in annoyance over how bored he was. 

then, the doorbell rang. the twins looked at each other, furrowing their brows in confusion. 

they fought over who should open the door. then, after the doorbell finally rang again, montgomery yelled, "fine!" and proceeded to walk over to the wooden door.

monica rolled her eyes as she continued to read through the comments. she stopped, however, once she heard her brother's voice ring out, "what the fuck are you guys doing here?"

"hey, language, mister," a male voice spoke from the door way. montgomery glared back in response as monica looked up at the sounds from her position on the couch. 

monty looked at his sister, eyes confused as she stood and walked over to the trio, mentioning, "i invited them here."

"'invited'? we live here, dear," their mother's sickly sweet voice made the twins cringe, but nonetheless, the parents walked into their home, taking a look around. 

"this place is a pig sty," their father looked disapprovingly at the pillows scattered on the floor and the two empty pizza boxes on the coffee table. 

montgomery scoffed, folding his arms across his chest in annoyance. monica patted his shoulder, a small smile on her face. montgomery just glared at her. 

"so," their mother spoke, placing her purse on the kitchen island, folding her hands, "what's the matter dear? what's so wrong that you needed us to come home from our wonderful vacation in Cuba?"

their father wandered over to the living room, settling in on the couch, putting on the sports channel. montgomery stayed by his sister, as to not get into a fight with their father. 

"i messed up big time, mom," monica sighed, running a hand through her hair. 

her mother furrowed her eyebrows, "what do you mean?"

monica pulled up the video from Instagram, showing her mother while biting her lip. her mother's eyes went wide with fear as she watched over and over again monica punch jessica at the school dance. 

"oh my god, mo," her mother looked at her, eyes wide, "what has gotten into you?"

monica shrugged, looking towards montgomery for help. he ignored her glance as monica sighed, "i just really love this boy and she got in the way. she always does."

"jess is a nice girl, mo," montgomery spoke, "maybe you're just the bitch who's getting in the way of her and justin."

monica shoved her brother, angrily, "fuck you, montgomery."

he shoved her back, "stop blaming everyone else when it's your fault everything's turned to shit."

"hey!" their mother cried, getting into the middle of them, "knock it off, both of you."

"i don't know what to do, mom," monica spoke again, "everyone hates me, even justin."

her mother laid a hand on her shoulder, "i don't know dear, i mean from the looks of that video you did kind of mess everything up. that punch? what happened to jessica?"

"she passed out, i think," monty responded as monica cut him off, "she's fine."

their mother rolled her eyes, "well, i think you should probably apologize to this girl. even if you don't like her monica you need to apologize for punching her. that was not the right thing to do and i didn't raise you like that honey."

montgomery laughed, angrily, "you didn't raise us at all, mother."

"watch it, montgomery," their mother snapped at the twin, making him roll his eyes in response. 

"what about justin?"

"as for the boy," her mother sighed, "i say just take it one day at a time, maybe try and converse with him. try to reform a relationship, apologize, of course. but monica, no more of this fighting and angry bullshit. you need to start choosing your battles wisely. if you really loved this boy, you wouldn't be messing up as much as you are." 

~

hey, thanks for reading! next chapter is gonna be a tear-jerker.