Kids for a Scrub Team

"Do you want kids?"

"Excuse me?"

"Do you want kids (Y/N)?"

Mark for the first time, seemed serious about something. His face was solemn in question and you felt yourself redden in confusion.

"Does it matter? I mean I don't really want to be thinking so far into the future."

"It does matter. I really want kids and kids have ruined my past great relationships so I need to ask whether you want kids or not."

"Well umm, I guess I do want kids." You hesitantly admit. It was no lie that you loved children and wanted some of your own, in fact you'd love to have kids. However the thing you were not so willingly to admit was the fact that you wanted kids with Mark.

Over the time you've been together, he had matured, he became a different, better person and loved more, teased less, and was still...Mark. This subject never came up unless it involved his daughter Sofia, who you loved as if she were your own child.

"I love Sofia don't I?"

"I know you love kids and Christina Yang loves kids but look how she and Hunt ended up." He pointed out much to your anger.

"Hey! Owen's one of my best friends!"

"But still, you're not answering my question. If you don't want kids, just tell me."

"I want kids Mark." You sigh and he smirks happily.

There was a sudden awkward silence between you two and you look up into his eyes.

"You actually want kids?" Asked Mark who's face came with worry. You silence and he sighs unhappily. "I should have known."

Deciding you should put aside your pride, you grab his hand. "I want kids a lot. I really really really want kids Mark. But the thing is I kinda, um, wannahavekidswithyou."

"What?"

"I wanna-have-kids-with-you." You sigh out and redden furiously, avoiding his eyes.

He only chuckles and tilts your chin to face him. Your heart flutters and his gorgeous eyes melt your insides. You weakly smile and he brings his face closer to you.

"Marry me."

You suddenly jerk yourself away from him and raise your eyebrows in shock. "Why?

"I tell you to marry me and you ask why?" Mark frowned and he sighed. "Because I want to marry you that's why and you want kids with me."

He pulls out a small black velvet box and shoved it into you hand. You carefully open it in hesitation and immediately fall in love with it. It's perfect, simple and perfect.

"I want kids of my own, not just Sofia, but with someone I love and that's you. I want enough kids to make a whole scrub team (Y/N). I'm not asking you to marry me. I'm telling you because I won't let you say no."

"Yes. Yes I'll give you enough children to make a scrub team."

"And will marry me?" He smiles, clutching your hand."

"And marry you."