Character

Main
Sameer Maheshwari
The lead character of the popular comic series W. Calm, cool-minded and hardworking, he is JN Global's co-president, owner of broadcasting channel W and an Olympic gold medalist in shooting, in the comic series. His family was murdered by an unknown assailant, yet he was immediately suspected to be the killer due to his shooting background. After being proven innocent, he seeks the murderer for revenge. He is later stabbed on the rooftop of his penthouse by the killer. There, he meets Naina Aggarwal who becomes the love of his life. He is handsome, self-confident, talented, righteous, determined and kindhearted.

N

aina Aggarwal
A second-year resident doctor in the Thoracic Surgery Department of Myung Se Hospital. She is the daughter of the comic artist who writes the famous webtoon series W. A fan of the webtoon and Sameer Maheshwari, when she receives the news of her father's disappearance, she goes to his house to investigate. There, she is pulled into the webtoon and meets Sameer and eventually falls in love with him. She is kind, loving and caring, strong at heart, honest and emotional though eccentric at times. She is a little insecure and does not believe that she has any particular talent.

Supporting Edit

Sunaina
Sameer's long-time personal assistant and friend. Her romantic feelings for Sameee are subtly alluded to throughout the series through her actions and behavior around him. She genuinely cares for him and has good intentions, but became jealous of Naina. Sameer never had any feelings for her and cared for her only as a friend. Described as beautiful, elegant, efficient and stylish. Originally intended to be the main female character, who would later become Sameer's love interest, she is replaced by Naina when Sameer falls in love with her, something which was unplanned.

Pandit
Sameer's loyal bodyguard and friend. He is a martial-arts instructor. He cares for him as his own younger brother and Sameer looks up to him as his elder brother. Their relationship endures despite the drama's complexities, ironically proving Sameer wrong that all his relationships in the webtoon are fake.

Han Cheol-ho
Prosecutor and a member of Congress who is also the presidential prospect of a new democratic party. He was the prosecutor of Sameer when he was framed for his family's murder. The ambitious, greedy Cheol-ho framed Sameer to get famous and swore a permanent enmity against him when Sameee became powerful and looks for opportunities to imprison and destroy Sameer.

Son Hyun-seok
The director of Project W, a program specializing in criminal investigation, and the general manager of the broadcasting channel W. He was a respected father-figure to Sameer.

Han Sang-hoon
The murderer of Kang Chul's family. On the first chapters of W, Rakesh depicted him as ghost-like, physically insubstantial and appearing only when needed in the story, which made Sameer virtually incapable of ever apprehending him. To fix this flaw, Rakesh creates the murderer's formal identity, bearing his own face and naming him Han Sang-hoon.

People around Naina

Rakesh
Naina's father and a famous artist who created the webtoon W. A failed webtoon artist and divorcé, he gains popularity from "W". However, he starts to realize slowly that his webtoon and its characters have become a reality of their own. Realizing this, he notices that his drawings are resisted by the characters who sometimes change on their own. As a result, he decides to end Sameer's life by drowning him in water, which is resisted by Sameer in the webtoon. Initially depicted as weak-willed and alcoholic, his love for his daughter redeems him at the end of the series and when he realises that Naina's true happiness lies in her marriage with Sameer, accepts him as a son and sacrifices his own life to keep both of them happy.

Arjun
A disciple of Rakesh and confidant of Naina. He initially did not believe Naina's theories, but later accepts everything. He is the only one, apart from the father-daughter duo, in the real world who is aware of the two worlds. He mostly voiced over at the beginning of each episode to inform the audience about the untold part of the webtoon that the readers in the real world are also unaware of. An easily-scared-to-his-bones coward, his care for Naina as a sister and his admiration of Sameer finally teaches him bravery. He creates humour throughout the series by his behaviour and reaction to every situation.

Vishaka
Naina's mother, Rakesh ex-wife, and owner of a massage salon. She was very money-minded and later regretted divorcing her husband when he became very rich.

Anad
Thoracic surgeon and teacher of Myung Se Hospital. Pompous and arrogant but a passionate fan of "W". He constantly criticizes Naina for all her actions and is very disappointed when Sameer, who he admires very much, falls in love with Naina instead of Sunaina, something which he shows no attempt to hide.

● Other character will be updated side by side.