Chapter 12

Evan's eyes fluttered open. He sat up slowly and looked around, noticing that he was in a strange room that he did not recognize. He found himself lying comfortably in a soft bed. The jacket that covered his wounds had made its way onto a nearby table. He looked down and noticed bandages covering his body, carefully and precisely wrapped.

"Where am-?" Evan began to mumble to himself, before being cut off.

The door to his room slowly opened, and he found Silent Stealth standing awkwardly in the doorway.

"Glad to see you're finally awake, kid." The pro-hero leaned against a wall, smirking at him.

"The test!" Evan threw himself off the bed in his awful moment of realization. "Did I pass?"

"Results haven't been announced yet. Although you were out cold for a few hours, so I imagine you don't have to wait too much longer."

Evan let out a sigh and held his gut. He picked himself up off the floor and back onto the bed.

"If you're hungry," Silent Stealth went on, "I could escort you to where your friends are. At least, the ones who are awake. All of you except the raccoon boy opted to rest before eating."

Evan was unsure what to say, only responding with a nod.

The Silent Stealth's smirk grew.

"Alright, kid. Follow me." He walked out of the room.

Evan followed his orders, trailing behind the hero.

They walked in silence, not speaking a word, which seemed fitting for this particular hero. Evan's eyes wandered off and he noticed a few others leave rooms by themselves.

"Aren't pros supposed to escort them when they wake up?" Evan questioned.

"What gave you that impression?"

"Well, you are escorting me."

"You see," Silent Stealth let out a laugh, "I wanted to personally see to it that you are okay. After all, I enjoyed our battle. It's the least I can do."

Evan nodded, a smile forming on his face.

Eventually, the duo arrived to what seemed to be the cafeteria. Before Evan could leave, Silent Stealth began to speak once again.

"Here, let me introduce you to someone who can help you." He ran ahead without giving Evan a chance to respond.

Evan looked around once more before following him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No," Adley was raising her voice, attracting unnecessary attention. "None of these bagels are white. I want a white bagel, they're cuter." She was talking to an extremely short man who was in a chef's outfit, the only unique thing about it being slender orange stripes on the sleeves and legs. His green eyes were calm, despite Adley's complaints.

"Sorry ma'am," the chef bowed, "My assistant is currently out getting more food."

"Can't you use your quirk to make more?"

"My quirk allows me to make something taste delicious and edible, as long as the human body can break it down. I can't create food out of thin air."

Silent Stealth stepped beside the chef, placing his hand on the man's shoulder.

"Hey Caesar, can you help me out real quick?"

"That's Gourmet to you, Orion." Caesar smiled at his fellow pro-hero.