Chapter 32

"Well this is going to be amusing," Chandler chuckled while running his hand through his combed, white hair, "Not only will I secure the win for our class, but I can keep Peter from fighting. He doesn't take these things seriously."

Soshi stared directly into his orange eyes with uncertainty, trying to read how Chandler would fight based on his word choice and body language alone.

"I've heard about your quirk, Senshi. Air and electricity. That's some pretty basic stuff, especially compared to something as exquisite as mine."

Soshi rolled his eyes.

"How about you show me something new? Unless, of course, you're afraid I'll show you up no matter what you do."

"You want something new? Fine."

The buzzer went off as Chandler made the first move.

He pulled up his sleeve and extended his arm, his palm facing the floor as his hand was parallel to his waist. Bringing his left hand to his right wrist, Chandler unclenched his fist. Wax began to pour from his right wrist as he moved both of his arms up. His left hand's opening acted as a way to shape the wax, allowing it to be straight and harden as he saw fit. When he stopped creating wax, his left hand held a long, solid staff.

It didn't take long for his wax to harden, Soshi simply stared at his opponent the entire time, In total, it took him about five or six seconds to create that. Not bad, but...

Soshi took a deep breath as his skin turned light blue before exhaling, his breath visible. He clapped his hands together and pulled them away, a thin staff made out of ice appearing before him. He caught it with ease before it hit the ground.

"About three seconds," Soshi smiled to himself before charging at Chandler.

Soshi swung his staff like a baseball bat, being blocked by Chandler's.

The clash between the two forces resulted in Soshi's staff cracking.

"Isn't that peculiar?" Chandler grinned, his eyes focused on the crack.

Soshi kicked Chandler back and threw the staff like a javelin.

Chandler threw himself to the ground to dodge the attack, the javelin barely missing his face.

The ice javelin crashed into the wall, shattering into bits and pieces.

Soshi lunged forward before Chandler had the chance to stand up and grabbed Chandler's staff, holding it tightly.

The hardened wax froze over as Soshi crushed it with his bare hands, breaking it in half.

Chandler attempted to stand but Soshi grabbed his throat, holding him down.

"Surrender," Soshi commanded.

"And why should I?"

Soshi's hand became colder as it gripped his throat, his eyes glancing at the shattered staff before glaring at Chandler once more.

"I g-give in," Chandler grumbled.

Soshi stood up and walked back to his class, the scoreboard changing once again.

"And now we're down by one," Koneko let out a sigh of relief, "We really need Aaron to win this one."

Evan was staring at Soshi, lost in his own thoughts.

AI sighed and highlighted Soshi's name before continuing, "Peter Woods. Approximately 5'5 and 100 lbs. 27th in the entrance exam. His quirk is Balance. He can shift his own center of gravity to any part of his body."