Chapter 97

After the first round of nationals, the students from Canada were brought back to the hotel.

"That's exactly why I think that Florida kid's quirk is great," Mabel laughed as she walked off the bus with Mitzi, "Because he probably can manage multiple handshakes at a time. Top tier handshaker."

Mitzi was trying to contain her laughter.

"Like he reached across the stage at the end there clearly to shake that New York's kid hand," Mabel continued.

Mitzi burst out laughing.

Mabel opened her mouth to continue but stopped when she noticed Aries approaching them.

"Oh, Aries," Mabel waved, "How's it going?"

"I came to say sorry about the round," he laughed awkwardly.

"Don't even worry about it, it was just a competition. Right, Mitzi?"

Mitzi nodded, "Even if it may be a bit frustrating to lose, it isn't the end of the world. No need to get upset over it, that won't change anything."

"Are all Canadians as nice as you two?" Aries asked.

"Not exactly," Mabel mumbled beneath her breath.

"Definitely not all," Mitzi rolled her eyes, "The girl that finished first is one of many examples."

"The girl that finished first?" Aries thought for a moment, "Let's see... I think her name was Thunderbird, right?"

They both nodded, neither wishing to continue talking about her.

"And you two are Mitzi and..." Aries rubbed the back of his neck, "Sorry, I know your hero name is Maple but I don't think you've introduced yourself."

"You can call me Mabel."

"Mabel? And your quirk happens to involve syrup?"

"Both of my parents have syrup related quirks, so it was expected," Mabel laughed, "Speaking of syrup, I'm starving. We should go eat."

Mitzi sighed, "Only if you promise to not put syrup on it."

"Fine, I won't, just at least come with me," Mabel begged.

"Would you two mind if I tagged along?" Aries asked.

"Only if you don't mind someone else joining," Mitzi shifted her attention to the New York bus as the students were exiting.

"Who?"

"Hey Joshua," Mabel called out, waving him over.

Joshua was stretching as he approached the three of them, "Sorry about you guys losing. I was hoping to get a chance to work with you two in future rounds."

"Aw, don't worry about it," Mabel laughed, "By the way, can you do me a favor and tell Mitzi she should let me put syrup on my food?"

"Pancakes, waffles, and french toast make sense, as do some desserts," Mitzi tried to explain, "But why would you ever even want to try a sandwich with syrup on it?"

"Because I like things that taste sweet, duh. Joshua, you like sweet things, right? Tell her it makes sense."

"But..." Joshua let out a sigh, "Sorry, no can do. That's kind of weird."

"Damn it," Mabel huffed.

"Nice to meet you, Joshua," Aries smirked, "The name's Aries. I would say 'good job out there today', but I didn't see you. Sorry, there was just so much going on that someone as plain-looking as you doesn't really stand out."