Chapter 96

After the first round of nationals, the students from Florida were brought back to the hotel.

"You were pretty impressive, man," one of the male students patted Aries on the back as they exited the bus. He was 6'3, which was taller than Aries. His messy, dirty blond hair went down to his shoulders.

"Nah, it was all about timing," Aries stated, brushing his hands through his ash-red, slicked-back hair. "I waited for the fourth wave. Fewer people to get in my way. Luckily for you, you didn't have to wait. People were too afraid to go into your mist, Sage."

"Haha, mist," Sage chuckled. After using his quirk, his sclera went from white to red, the effects still not disappearing.

"How strong did you make it?" Aries laughed, "You weren't inside for that long."

"Mmm, ocho."

"Damn, getting pretty competitive," Aries nodded with a completely serious expression, "You should probably sleep it off, though."

"I wish mist would mist in my stomach," Sage mumbled.

"Sure, I'll order some McDaffy chicken nuggets for you later," Aries promised, "Head to our room and take a nap first."

Sage held a thumbs up and walked off to the elevator just as the Canadian bus arrived.

"What a breathtaking creature," Aries watched Sage, trying not to laugh.

As the Canadian students began leaving their bus, he noticed the two girls he fought from the corner of his eye.

"Speaking of breathtaking," Aries smirked and walked towards both of them.

Mabel and Mitzi were laughing with one another as he casually approached them.

"Oh, Aries," Mabel waved, "How's it going?"

"I came to say sorry about the round," Aries laughed awkwardly.

"Don't even worry about it, it was just a competition. Right, Mitzi?"

Mitzi nodded, "Even if it may be a bit frustrating to lose, it isn't the end of the world. No need to get upset over it, that won't change anything."

"Are all Canadians as nice as you two?" Aries questioned.

"Not exactly," Mabel spoke quietly.

"Definitely not all," Mitzi rolled her eyes, "The girl that finished first is one of many examples."

"The girl that finished first?" Aries thought for a moment, "Let's see... I think her name was Thunderbird, right?"

They both nodded.

"And you two are Mitzi and..." Aries rubbed the back of his neck, "Sorry, I know your hero name is Maple but I don't think you've introduced yourself."

"You can call me Mabel."

"Mabel? And your quirk happens to involve syrup?"

"Both of my parents have syrup related quirks, so it was expected," Mabel laughed, "Speaking of syrup, I'm starving. We should go eat."

Mitzi sighed, "Only if you promise to not put syrup on it."

"Fine, I won't, just at least come with me," Mabel continued to plead.

"Would you two mind if I tagged along?" Aries asked.

"Only if you don't mind someone else joining," Mitzi turned away from him, staring at the New York students exiting their bus.

"Who?"

"Hey Joshua," Mabel called out, waving him over.

Joshua approached the group, stretching, "Sorry about you guys losing. I was hoping to get a chance to work with you two in future rounds."