The Sweetest Betrayal Part 1

*NOT EDITED*

I picked up the news paper that was left outside of my bedroom door. I glanced at the first page. It read; Alpha Saved By Our Future Leader.

"Hmmm.. Catchy," I thought to myself.

I skimmed through the pictures of me and Zack. The one where we was hugging had a caption that said; Hero and his fiance in a heart warming embrace.

I frowned.

"Fiance?"

I don't know why that word bother me. I mean I am, "technically" his fiance.

But actually seeing it written down made me feel some type of way.

I put the paper down on the hall way table. I couldn't spare anymore time diddle daddling. I had so much to do today.

I made my way to kitchen, it was empty. I don't know what I expected, it was one in the morning. The "help" doesn't start working until four.

I walked up to the stain less steel refrigerator and put in a bottle of Champagne and closed the door.

I continued through the kitchen, grabbed an apple on my way out and walked through the door to the basement.

I took a big bite out the apple, threw it in the trash near he door and walked down the familiar cement stairs.

Amanda, Bridget, Ann and Susan met my gaze as I landed from the last stair.

But there was a new pair of eyes looking back at me, in the middle, behind the girls was a man tied, gagged and bound in a chair. His eyes looked calm with no worries.

Exactly what I expected to see from a trained assassin.

I nodded my head in approval,

"You ladies did good," I praised.

Amanda and Susan smiled.

"Did you expect less?" Bridget asked.

She was once again leaning against Ann, who had her arms crossed. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Does this girl need a cane or something? She is never standing up on her own."

I ingore Bridget's cockiness and stood in front of the man.

"Take the tape off his mouth," I directed my order to Amanda.

She quickly took off the tape, the man didn't even flinch when the tape was ripped off. He just kept starring into my eyes and I kept starring back.

"You was hired to kill Alpha Rueso by Luna Jane, correct?" I asked the man.

Everyone gasped.

The man looked me up and down.

"I don't discuss previous contracts with others," he coolly answered.

"Just what I thought."

"Good," I said, as I put one hand on each side of the chair, I leaned in closer to him, smiling wickedly.

His eyes gave away a hint of confusion before going back to looking stern.

"I want you to do a job for me."

"Why?"

"Do you ask all your clients this question? Or do you just do the job?"

The man swallowed hard and thought about his answer. "NO."

"Okay," I inquired. "So I'm going to say this again, I want you to do a job for me."