Chapter Sixteen

"Abigail! What are you doing here?"

"Aren't you happy I'm back?"

"Well... I...am it's just.. I thought you wanted to pursue acting."

"Can we at least sit?"

They took a chair in the classroom, then Abigail proceeded.

"So I left Hallmark, to further my acting career,and take up that spot they offered in the family TV show UnBlended, but the spot was taken by another, so I decided to come back to school."

That's it?

"But.. School doesn't just let you go off and get back just like that.. "

"Yes, but the Principal and my dad, had a really good talk and then Voila! I'm back... I've missed you.. Missed everything!"

"Missed you too."

***

"You know her?" Maya asked. She sat on one of her class's chairs, while Scott sat on a table of another, legs slightly apart and they swung freely.

"Yes. Everyone in Hallmark, knows Abigail, she's Daniel's girlfriend... "

Girlfriend?... She must have been the one he asked about..

The words Scott spoke after that, didn't seem to matter anymore or she had chosen not to take note.

"You like him, don't you?"

Scott said bringing her back to reality where she was in class with a bunch of other kids attending to their different businesses.

"It's that obvious Huh?"

"All he has ever done is make you cry.. Either ways, you are done with that guy."

Maybe you are right.

      ______________________

"Abigail is back?... This can't be good," Tess said holding up some ribbons.

"I think I saw her dad, speaking with the principal.. Didn't consider the possibility of her return anyways," Patricia replied. They were at the hallway, setting up a stand that read 'Election of Hallmark's Student Body President'

"Where is Scott?" Patricia asked holding up a banner.

"No idea," Tess replied disinterested.

After some minutes, a little crowd gathered the venue, they positioned the stand at the hallway, so that it was impossible to go about one's daily school business, without noticing it.

Scott had showed up minutes later with Maya.. As the vice, he was supposed to be present. Although, Maya wondered why the vice couldn't automatically become the head, she didn't also see it necessary to ask. Especially not then..

Daniel had come over with Abigail they held hands... More like Abigail held his hand.

It sickened Maya but she stopped and directed her attention to her friend Tess, who now held a microphone to speak up.

"Hallmark High, as we all know, it's time for election.. Time to put someone deserving into a place of honor.. Without any further words, I'd like to announce the candidates. Surprisingly, they are only three..
Steven Jaffray, Jonas Sparks, Jerome Valendoff. Please step forward and read out your manifesto..."

Maya noticed Abigail tuck at Daniel's uniform shirt.. It seemed Abigail muttered something about eating because they retreated from where the crowd was, and went to get something from the School's cafe. Maya watched them leave.. She seemed to be so All over Daniel.. Like she owned him.
Maybe it's because she really did.