Chapter Thirteen

"Hey Scott!"

"May.. To what do I owe this unpleasant surprise"

Unpleasant!!

"I'm sorry... I just needed to clear up things between us.. I'm sorry about the other day... The Awards night, things came up and I had to show up"

"Seems more like Daniel came up"

"Can you please stop bringing up Daniel... He has nothing to do with this... The blame is on me and I'm sorry"

"You will have to make it up to me... We will have dinner at Loudre's and you will pay"

"I'm not allowed to go on certified dates.. "

"It's not a date per say, just a casual outing that you have to pay for deal?"

"Do I have a choice... Deal it is"

Maya had drafted out her lesson plan with Mr. Drey for later that day... Surprisingly, she couldn't wait to be tutored it's not something her usual self would have said.

They had both been in her class after school hours minutes after she received her script. The soccer squad usually stayed behind after school for a bit warm ups... Basically just for fun..
She took the longer route and that was when she met Scott.

No more hiding... She had said and decided to apologize for ditching him. She took the longer route, to avoid contacts with Daniel.

Not another episode..

If they did, he'd stop her and talk.. Not that she didn't enjoy the talks, but his words left her dumb.. Silently melting within... She didn't want to melt... Not there and definitely not there.

"Twice a day!!... Fate"

Oh boy..

"Hey... Daniel" Maya said with her weak fake smile... Which Daniel couldn't detect.

Why are you so perfect!!

"You are still at school? After school work, detention... Which is it?"

"Neither.. I was with a teacher"

"The one you were with in the morning... The substitute?"

"Yes.. Him"

"You too seem close."

"It's complicated he's my private tutor."

"That explains a lot."

"Maya, can we talk?"

"Sure..." Maya said as she stared at her wristwatch...

They took identical chairs beside the gym.

"I need your advice on something.. If you don't mind" Daniel began rubbing his hands and Maya noticed sweat forming beneath his palms.

This can't be bad..

"Sure.. I'm all ears.. What's the problem"

"There's this girl I happen to like... How do I know she likes me back and how do I let her know that?"

This is bad.

Maya's countenance fell a bit.. But Daniel didn't notice.. His head was bent low and he still rubbed his palms. She moved a bit away from her seat in discomfort. She cleared her throat a bit then spoke up..

"I really have no advice to give, but if she likes you...back, I guess she would let you know"

"Do you think so.., Is that how it is for girls?"