Chapter 13

I felt my body get numb as I then closed my eyes hearing Skylar still crying letting me know that she was okay. I smiled and let myself get consumed by the darkness though I was hoping that this was not the end for me.

~ ~ ~
     I heard someone yell Raphs name and so I ran to it the noise seeing at first Splinter there looking down the building. As looked down too I gasped and jumped off the building using the sides of the building to slow down my speed of falling.
    But as soon as I landed on the ground I ran over to raph and moved his arm to see the baby there safe and crying. " Skylar!"
     I quickly saw Donnie quickly was to my side and took Skylar to see if she had any broken bones while I then looked at Raph with seeing bleed there around Raph as I started to worry.
      I helped get Raph up with Mikey and Splinter came over helping as we all six left to our home as I kept looking at raphs lifeless body in mime and Mikey's hands.
      Once we all got to our place which took at least a good 30 minutes as we still had Raph in our hands while Donnie was still holding Skylar so I said worried about my brother. " Donnie..."
      " Put him in the lab... I'll treat his wounds and head." I nodded my head while I quickly walked into the lab and placed Raph in the lab's bed.
     Donnie soon came in walling to me and handed Skylar to me as I took her and left the lab as I went in Raphs room. Skylar was looking still scared so I still had her in my hands while I was in Raphs bed.
      I tried to smile but all that got my attention on his raph saved her. I signed and closed my eyes knowing I made a mistake. " I should have listened to Master Splinter. He was telling the truth about me and I just ignored it..."
       Skylar smiled and then a noise came from her stomach as I slightly grind and put her in a sitting position.
      " Come here," I said as I picked her back up in my arms while I walked to the kitchen I saw Mikey standing there as his hands were on the counter while he looked as if there was something on the counter.
      " What are you doing Mikey?" I asked as I had Skylar almost out of Mikey's view. But as I was about to get to the refrigerator Mikey looked at me and her.
     He then moved his hand by what looked like an already made battle of milk. " Here..."
    I looked at it as I examined it to see if he put something in the bottle since he was acting a little different but Mikey then came up and looked at Skylar then to me. " I did not add anything in it... I'm just worried about Raph..."
     I looked at Skylar as she was looked at Mikey with curiosity so I then pulled her in front of Mikey. But this time I just chuckled as he then looked at Skylar as she smiled at him with her little five fingers out to him.
     Mikey looked at her then slowly grabbed her as she then giggled as Mikey's face was priceless. "She will make you feel better Mikey... And raph will be okay."
     He looked at her again and lifted her up to be face to face with him. " do you think your daddy will be okay?"
     Her response was a giggle and a little of drool coming down her face making Mikey then laugh and smile at her than to me. " you were right Leo."
     I smiled as I saw my little brother getting happy again with Skylar's help. I grabbed the bottle and handed it to Mikey as he looked surprised but took it.
     I watched as he got nervous as he fed Skylar happily watching her. We both looked at her then at each other as Mikey then looked away to the ground. " why did you do it, Leo?"
     " I don't know... Maybe because I wished it was me then raph being the parent..." Mikey looked at me surprised. " We are a family. Family's do stupid things... especially when it's to protect the others."
    Mikey smiled at me then looked back to Skylar while she then was starting to have a hard time keeping her eyes open.
" Leo."
    I looked at Mikey as he then looked at Donnie's lab. " Go check in Raph... I will watch Skylar."
     " Are you sure?" he smiled at my question and just nodded his head as he then walked out of the kitchen with Skylar almost asleep.
      I started for the lab's door and slowly grabbed the handle seeing Donnie on his computer and Raph still laying down.
     I walked in and over to Raph as Donnie noticed me laying low. " He is stable but I am not sure when he will wake up... It was a hard fall..."
      I just nod my head once as Donnie came and placed a hand on my shoulder as I tried to hold back some tears of how much I dishonored my whole family.
      But as Donnie spoke they just started sliding right throw my eyelids. " Raph will be okay Leo. He is always strong."
      Once Donnie left me alone with Raph I wiped away my tears and looked while his chest was the only part of his body moving. " I should have listened... if I did then you would not be here... I'm sorry Raph..."
     I wanted to walk out of the room but I wanted to not leave his side till I saw him open his eyes to let me know he was going to be alright with his own stubborn words. So I got a chair from Donnie desk and sat there looking at Raph waiting till something would happen.