What's that!

I looked around when we reached the place. Grandpa's research team was already there with their equipments and a tent was already ready for shelter, if the sudden storm hits us.
I took brush in my hand as brushing was the only thing that I could help with and I looked at the hole in the ground curiously.
It still seemed like it was calling for me. Strange! But when you are living in a deserted island anything could be possible.

My inner scientist was rubbing her hands with excitement and I started brushing the soft upper layer of the snow away so grandpa could dig in cleanly.

I was done with the first layer when grandpa came with his team of paleontologists. They also had three cameras that I guessed were for the photographs and to document the whole process.

I stepped aside and kept an eye on their expertise. For some reason this kind of research process was so calming for me. It was like an ASMR for me.

"Honey! It's time to go to our tent, wake up." A gentle voice said.

My eyes opened and I shook my head a few times and blinked.
Lol! As I said that this digging process was an ASMR for me so what I did while seeing it... Tada!
I slept like a baby!

"How much time went by."
I yawned and looked at the beautiful brunette next to me.
Her name was Arianna and she was a young researcher. She was working with my grandpa since last two years and I must say she was the only female in his new team whom I liked and who liked me back genuinely.

And that was a big deal as the other three females were witches in my eyes.

Why?

Well, because number one was a classy blonde who was the Queen bee and the later two were her bimbos since their college days.

"We have been working here from six hours or so, so it's a day for us now."
She smiled at me and pushed her glasses back on her nose and I smiled back lazily.

"Oh, so have you found anything yet?"

I looked at the bigger hole and looked back at her in excitement she shook her head.

"Not yet but we are near, I guess as there is not much snow left in the dig but the layer of solid rock is still kinda difficult to crack on. We will be back on work after a good sleep."

I jumped up and she seemed startled but laughed when I mock saluted her.

"Aye, aye Senorita! Let's go. I am hugryyyy!!"

"You mean hungry." She mocked me back and I slapped her butt and she scowled.

"I should have let you freeze here and become a Fossil, you are so mean!"
She glared and I made a kissy face and she could not stop cackling again.

"What's going on?" Grandpa asked and looked up at us curiously from the map he was reading.

"This girl thinks that I can be an awesome fossil. So we are planning how to do it!" I clicked my tongue and grandpa just mumbled something and went back in his brooding reading.

"Take him with you or he will not rest. Ba bye..." Arianna said and ran to her tent before I could protest because c'mon! Convincing grandpa to rest was something that took a Hercules effort and lots of blackmailing. That cunning girl..... ughhh!

Well, after an hour and half and lots of blaming, whining and warnings. Finally, grandpa agreed to go and sleep for a while when I warned him that if he will not listen, I will tell grandma that he was flirting with young researchers. And trust me he was afraid hehe!

So, we went to our tents after eating as everyone else was already asleep.

After making sure that he was sleeping, I left his tent and was going to mine when my eyes went on that hole again. Lights were still covering this area so I could look at it clearly.

Curiously, I went near it to take a look. Now, it was deeper. Almost four feets. I tried to look more clearly under and leaned but guess what...
My stumbling ass just couldn't stop itself from falling down in this hole to wonderland and boom!

The next second, I was wet!

Not That kind of wet pervert minds!

The shivering, the teeth chattering kind of wet and in Antarctica, as the broken ice there was now inside my jacket and cap.

I tried to come out and stand up but as always, nothing went as I planned.
The sharp edge of broken ice sliced my glove cladded palm. I hissed and took off my glove to inspect the damage.

Damn! It was a little deep and few drops of blood were oozing out from the fresh wound. Ewww, gross!

I shook my hand to keep the blood warm while looking at the safest part of this hole that I could grab without slicing my hand like a potato again.

Hissssss....

A sudden sound beneath me startled me. I looked at the ground. The blood drops were now on the rock floor, where I was standing. I guessed that when I shook my wounded hand, my blood went flying on the floor.

But the most weird thing that I was witnessing was ....

The ground was soaking the drops like a sponge and the ground seemed to take a breath......

Shitt!!!

Surprise mother tucker!!!!!

Ah... I know it's been like I am not going to update this book but as you can see.. I did!

😱😱😱😱