Chapter 8

Heads up guys, this story is going kinda slow for now so I will be time jumping a lot the next couple of chapters to get Juliet to the age I want her to be.
And thank you for the patience, I'm so so sorry for the delay sometimes mental health really stops everything but I'll try to do better.❤️

*6 years later*

"Happy birthday day tooooo youuu." Tom sings in a high falsetto to our newly 12-year-old beauty.

"Dad, stop your embarrassing " she rolls her eyes and stares at me to help her.

"Honey your dad is just singing cut him some slack." I rub her back as I make my way to Tom.

"Well, she has your attitude." I kiss his cheek and snicker.

"Oh please, the forsaken teens are approaching us we need to be prepared. We only have one more year." He chuckles as he wraps his arm around my waist.

"If we are lucky this will hopefully be it... but that would be asking too much." I lean towards him and sigh.

"We did well though. She is a wonderful young lady, smart and beautiful like her mum, charming like her dad" 

We both stand in the kitchen and look at our darling daughter smiling and laughing with her friends. I smile and close my eyes as I think about how little she used to be.

"They truly do grow up fast don't they?" Tom quietly says as he rubs my shoulders. 

I quietly smile and melt under his touch, after all these years even the smallest of things he does sends shivers down my spine. "Yes, they do" I turn around and led him into our pantry and kiss him passionately.

He smiles under our kiss and breaks away for a second. "Why did you lead me in here?" 

"I don't want to hear Juliet complain that we were being gross in the kitchen. I want to kiss you in peace." I smiled as he leaned back in and grabbed my back to pull me closer. We break away and I lay my head on his chest listening to his heartbeat.

"My love you just continue to take my breath away. Quite literally and figuratively." He chuckles and lays his head on mine. "When all these kids go home and Juliet goes to bed, we will continue this." he winks at me and kisses my forehead and leaves the pantry. 

I stand there smiling like a child in a candy store. My heart still racing from our small encounter. I wipe my face and grab a bag of crisps from the pantry and head back to the party. Waiting patiently for the night to arrive.