Stranger danger?

Skye sat Jemma on the table in the lab. Her eyes were red and sore, tiredness or sadness she wasn’t sure, and Skye pitied her. She placed a hand on the scientists shoulder.

“Hey, you ok?” Jemma looked up and opened her eyes wide as if from a trance, and smiled faintly.

“Yes, never been better.” Skye didn’t believe that one bit but didn’t want to point it out.

“Is there anything I can help with?” someone said to her left. She span round to see a very tall man who was dark haired, with the most unusually beautiful eyes she’d ever seen - as if she was staring into a universe, standing at the sliding doors.

“Who are you?” she asked suddenly, realising there was a stranger on board. She clasped the icer that was tucked into the back of her jeans. He raised his hands up in defence.

“Don’t worry, I found Coulson and your friends in trouble and I helped them escape.”

“You saved them?” Skye felt a little more at ease and let go of the icer, and walked towards him.

“Thank you,” she smiled holding out her hand. He walked over to her slowly but casually. He starred at her hand.

“You shake it,” she raised an eyebrow.

“I know,” he replied slowly and sniffed the air, stepping closer. Skye retrieved her hand and gulped.

“Hay fever?” she asked, trying to appear braver than she felt she was at the time.

“Something like that,” he replied more softly this time, smiling happily, his eyes sparkling. To Skye, they were actually sparkling. Jemma groaned behind them as she held her head between her hands. Skye jogged over to her friend and Jemma shook her head and squinted.

“My head is splitting, it’s like I’ve got ten migraines going on all at once.”

“Come on, let’s get you to bed shall we?” Skye put her arms out in front of her as the scientist slid off the table. She landed on her feet but couldn’t take the pressure of the jump. Her legs gave way and before she knew it, the stranger was cradling her in his bulky arms. He smiled sweetly at Skye.

“Well, where must she go?” Skye smiled back and raised her hand in the direction of the cabins.

“This way,” and they made their way through the plane, the bruised scientist longing for comfort. The stranger smiled broadly as the young girl led the way.