Interrogation

L POV:
I have finally shown my face to the five detectives that were left in the Kira Investigation, Light Yagami's father is one of them, I might be able to get Light to slip up using his father.

But first, I have to see if Dāku is Kira. I don't think it but some of the evidence points to her.

I spoke through my voice filter, "Your name is Dāku, correct?"

We had her handcuffed and put in a prison cell. We didn't change her clothes or anything.

She looked up at me, "Yes that is my name, you must be the detective L. The same L that helped arrest my parents for what they did to me? The same L that saved me?"

I responded, "Yes, I am L."

She smiled weakly, "I should thank you, you saved my life. I wish we could have reunited under better circumstances."

I responded, "Likewise."

I cut the communication link and turned to Chief Yagami, "There is something that she isn't telling us, even when I was taking care of her case she was hiding something from me. I think that is why we need to gain her trust."

Chief Yagami looked at me surprised, "You don't mean that you're going to show your face to her, are you Ryuzaki?"

I responded, "I do intend to show my face, she should feel like she's not or main suspect. Mainly because she's not."

Chief Yagami simply nodded his approval. I walked to the room we were using for the interrogation.

Dāku POV:
I was sitting in the chair, my tail twitched slightly, it had been about two days since I last it out. Normally I have it out all night every night.

Then I heard the door open and I heard a strange voice call my name, "Dāku?"

I started to get scared, "Yes, who are you?"

The voice sounded monotoned, "No need to be afraid. My alias is Ryuzaki, otherwise known as the detective L."

I felt my eyes grew wide with shock, "You are L?"

The man stepped into the light, he was wearing a baggy white long sleeve shirt and pants, his black hair looked as if it hasn't been brushed or combed in a long time, he has dark marks around his eyes as if he hadn't had a proper night's sleep in weeks. He sat across from me, the way he sat was peculiar to me. He sat with his feet in the chair and his knees close to his head.

I looked at him with curiosity, "Why do you sit so abnormally?"

L simply answered, "I don't sit like this because I want to I have to sit line this, if I say normally my deductive reasoning ability would immediately be decreased by roughly forty percent."

I was still shocked that I was speaking with L, I could tell he was telling the truth. My neko ears didn't hear his heartbeat falter at all.

L seemed to notice that I was staring at his chest, he asked, "Why are you staring at my chest and not my face? I thought you would want to memorize my face."

I looked at him confused, "Why would I want to memorize your face? The sounds you make are enough."

L looked at me, "What do you mean by that? Are you not Kira?"

My eyes filled with confusion, shock, and surprise, "You think that I am Kira? You really think that in am capable of doing that, killing people?"

L looked up and down at me, "I know that you're hiding something, even when I took on your case in the US you kept something from me. Could you tell me why your parents treated you so badly, tell me what made you a freak in their eyes?"

I shifted uncomfortablely in the chair, my ears and tail again twitched slightly. Could I trust L with my deepest, darkest secret? Or would he think that I am more likely to be Kira?

I looked at him, scared of what I was about to do, "Can you keep a secret?"

L nodded and replied, "Would you like for me to turn off all the cameras and voice recorders?"

I nodded, "Please do that."

L nodded as he stood up and walked out for a few minutes.

L POV:
What could she have been hiding for all those years? Has she been Kira? No, she didn't care for my face, then again she could have done that to avoid suspicion. What could her secret be? That was the hardest part of her investigation, she would only say what happened not why it happened.

Chief Yagami looked at me, "You're not really going to turn everything off, are you Ryuzaki?"

I simply told Watari, "Please unplug all of the recording devices in Dāku's interrogation room."

Watari nodded before doing as I asked. I walked back to the room that we had detained Dāku in.

As I entered she jumped, 'What was that about?'

Dāku POV:
In was rubbing my tail and ears when I saw that the cameras were off, then the door opened with a loud bang, causing me to jump.

L stepped in just as I hid my ears and tail, he asked me, "Now that the cameras and voice recorders are of, what did you want to tell me?"

I shifted nervously, "Can you promise that you won't tell anyone until I'm ready for others to know?"

L nodded, "Of course, if that is what you wish. Then no one except the two of us will know."

I sighed in relief, I proceeded to let my ears perk out and pulled my tail out of my pants, unwrapping it from around my waist.

L's eyes widened, and spoke with disbelief in his voice, "You're a neko?"

I curled into a ball, afraid that he would make fun of me like so many others. To my surprise he walked up to me and said, "I'm glad you're a neko, does Light Yagami know?"

I shook my head, "No one in Japan knows except for me, you and a friend from the US that came here looking for me, his name is Halos."

L nodded, "Then, in that case, would you mind helping us to find Kira?"

I nodded my head again, "I'd do anything to help you L, you saved me from a life of torture and torment. You're the closest thing to family I have."

L POV:
When she said I was family to get I felt something strange in my heart. Could it be that, after all that time talking to her, I'm falling for her? It doesn't make sense, I've only seen her through a camera until now. Still that feeling remains, could it be possible that she cares for me in such a way? I mean, I am looking for the killer of her abusive parents and she just willingly decided to help me. I wonder, who are you Kira?

Ryuk POV:
With the cameras and wire taps Light told me that I couldn't eat apples in the house anymore. At one point we were walking down the street, he bought me an apple and let me eat it.

I stated grumpily, "You really haven't been that nice to me, you had me looking all over for cameras, telling me that I can't eat apples in the house anymore. It's not right."

He just boredly stated, as I cracked my neck, "Make sure you eat the core as well."

I pointed out, "You know I might actually write your name in my Death Note and kill you, just like that," Light laughed so I added, "I wouldn't laugh if I were you."

Light simply ignored the comment, saying, "Right, that reminds me, I've got one finishing touch left to add."

A/n: Okay just as a little side note when I put in a Ryuk POV it will most likely be to let you guys know where in the anime I'm at currently. That way it you guys aren't too terribly lost.

Siris: Don't forget to put any ideas you have for this/other stories in the comments and thanks again to everyone that helped and you support me in this, as well as other, stories.

A/n: Anyways, talk to you guys next chapter.