A Second Kira?

Dāku POV:
It's been a few days since Mat was arrested, about a minute after he was arrested, he was killed by Kira.

L thought it was strange that he died almost immediately after his crime was broadcast. He still thinks that Light Yagami is Kira.

I was with the the other investigators in the Kira case and once of them mentioned one of the FBI's fiancee that went missing the day after his death. I agreed that Kira must have gotten to her first somehow. One asked if they, I mean we, should investigate it into the matter.

L responded, "If we do it should be conducted separate from the Kira investigation. Also we will have to use police sketches instead of actual photos."

Another commented, "We're talking about someone who's been missing for four months now, chances are she's probably dead."

L pointed out, "If you're right about that, then I find it strange that we haven't found her body yet. If we did it would provide us with some much needed physical evidence."

Suddenly Watari came in addressing L by his codename, "Ryuzaki, something seems to be happening on Sakura TV."

We turned on they TV to the Sakura channel, as soon as it came on we heard the reporters said, "In other words: all of the reporters and staff here are Kira's hostages. Aside from that we have a professional obligation to share this message with you, I assure you that this is not a hoax and that Sakura TV is airing this tape with the purpose of sensationalism."

One of the people with me and L seemed confused, "Kira's hostages? What is this?"

The reporter continued, "Four days ago, our program director here at Sakura TV received four tapes, after a through examination there is no doubt they are from Kira himself."

He paused before going on, "The first tape we received contained a prediction regarding the time of death of two criminals who had recently been arrested, and as predicted at the exact time that Kira had specified both men died of heart attacks yesterday."

I said exactly what L was thinking, "If that's true it would clearly something only Kira could do."

The reporter started speaking again, "Kira has instructed us to play the second tape today at exactly five fifty-nine PM. And we do intend to comply with his demands. This tape should provide proof of his powers by predicting yet another death. Other than that we understand that it contains a message to all the people of the world, from Kira. And now the video."

The screen was replaced with text that read out the word KIRA and someone with a voice filter started speaking, "I am Kira. If this video is being aired on April 18th at exactly 5:59 pm as I requested them the time now is five fifty-nine forty-seven, forty-eight, forty-nine, please change the channel to Dyo TV. The news anchor will die of a heart attack at exactly six o'clock."

Everyone except me and L gasped, L said, "Change it."

When Watari changed it the news anchor had indeed died of a heart attack, everyone there was trying to turn the camera off.

One of the detectives demanded, "How could he?"

L then commanded, "Change the channel back, and I need you to bring us another TV Watari, no make that two."

Watari nodded as he went to get the TVs.

As it came back to Kira, he spoke, "I will present for you another victim, my next target is NHN News commentator who is scheduled to appear in a live broadcast. He too has dared to defy Kira."

L told them, "Change to channel 24." When it showed the dead body he sighed, "Please change it back."

Kira then continued, "Now that you have seen proof of my powers them you should have no trouble believing I am Kira."