Chapter 6

Luna POV
I slowly unlock the gate. I didn't like coming home. In fact I hated it. Home just never felt the same anymore. I slipped in and locked the gate before stepping into the house. As soon as I stepped through the front door, I was greeted by a scream.  I pulled out my ear pieces and stuffed it into my bag.

"OI WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG!" My Father screamed. There was a stranger sitting next to him on the couch. A woman that was definitely not my Mother. I looked at him in disgusted before storming to my room. It was no longer a surprise whenever my Father took a woman back home with him.

"YOUNG LADY, COME DOWN HERE NOW!" My Father barked as I placed my bag down in my room. I sighed before walking down the stairs to meet him.

"Cook us a meal. Now." He ordered before smiling back at the woman. I walked into the kitchen before I fake gaged. I quickly put together a meal. I didn't really put much effort in it since I wasn't going to eat it and was probably going to go buy my own food instead. I placed two plates of food on the table before calling them.

The duo came in the kitchen hand in hand, and I must say, it was a disgusting sight. Does my Father have no shame at all? He was after all the reason why my Mother left and I was left alone with him. "Get me the beer from the fridge child." He snapped and I obliged. I can't be rude to him. I don't have anywhere else to go to and I was much to young to be working. He still provided monthly pocket money for me and still pays for my education and basic needs but other than that, he treats me as though I was his slave.

I handed two bottles of beer to them and two glasses of ice before heading upstairs to my room. I quickly pulled on a pair of sweat pants and over sized hoodie before heading out of the house with my wallet and phone. I immediately made my way to the convenient store near by.

Ding! The bell rang as I stepped into the familiar store. I grabbed a bottle of water and a packet of instant noodles and headed towards the counter, where I was greeted with a warm smile.

"Hello Mdm Tan," I greeted as I placed the stuff I took on the counter.

"Hello Luna. You can't keep eating instant noodles, it's unhealthy." She sighed as she looked down on the packet of noodles. "I knew you were going to come today so I got you this." And Mdm Tan pushed a packet of food towards me before pointing towards the packet of noodles, "put this back on the shelf."

I stared at Mdm Tan in disbelief before smiling gratefully and putting the packet of noodles back into the shelf. I thanked her as she pulled a stool for me and told me to sit at the counter to eat. I ate the food greedily and drank from the bottled water I just bought. Once I was done, I thanked Mdm Tan again before I headed out of the store.