Is it only a Sympathy ??

'What exactly do you think you are doing?''

Naira looked up with a jerk. Kartik had taken her by surprise. Stuttering she replied, 'S....sir you asked to add corrections to B.J. File..''

Kartik: ''But this is your lunch time. Go eat something.'' His tone was not rude but rather authoritative. For the first time Naira felt a familiar authoritative sense which do contain a care in it as well.

Naira bit her lip and thought of a quick reply. She had received some money from Mr Negi for all the required expenses but she was trying hard to save them to buy small gifts for Mishti.

'I will sir after I finish this..'' she mumbled hoping he would leave.

Sighing Kartik left from her cabin, thinking she'll have her lunch why would he worry about the increasing paleness of her skin. He stopped on his track while moving towards his cabin. " Why... I am thinking about her so much...! Why does her paleness, emptiness of her eyes and innocent look of her face always skipped my heartbeat.". He slammed his cabin door frustrating, though he was working hard for his new dream project but then he can't stop himself thinking about Naira. Sometimes he used to give himself that she is orphan may be he is sympathizing, but he knew it it wasn't the sympathy he felt. Shrugging himself from all these thoughts he knew only he need to indulge himself in work.

Skipping the lunch, he concentrated on his work.

Two people one can't have food because she can't afford it and one can't because other things will overpower his mind if he let is loose for a second more.

It had been a week since Naira first came to this office. Surprisingly she was liking her job. Even more surprisingly the work was easily managed by her, being use to work day and night at the orphanage.

However what made it all so extraordinary was the ease with which she was getting along with her boss. At times even though he tried his best to hide, his expressions showed he was impressed.

After few days

This was the 7th time that Kartik had seen her skip lunch. It was so obvious. At other times he just shrugged and left her to her own. But today he realised, she looked pale. No doubt the work and lack of food was affecting her. Besides Surekha had told him that she was an orphan. What if it was money issue that kept her from enjoying the meals that the office cafeteria offered?

Although usually advance payment was customary but in Naira's case, the procedure was taking longer and her pay was delayed.

Kartik reached her cabin intimidating with his presence asked in care voice, for the first time Naira sensed a care and affection in his voice when he asked," Madam.. Aren't going to have Lunch..!!"

Naira fidgeting with her fingers said," No.. Actually Sir.. I am not hungry..".

Kartik took long strides towards her, her heart was pacing fast but yeah thankfully, her desk came in between, without saying he took a seat and asked her," And may I ask why..??"

Naira trying to cover up the things...he said, " You know Even I didn't have the lunch.. Let order something here only..." Naira who was still hoping he would leave was surprised when he picked up the telephone and ordered two burger deals from cafe.

Realising the food would cost a lot, she quickly interrupted,'' I can't.. Matlab.. I don't want to.. I am not hungry.''

Kartik casually made his way to the sofa set gesturing her to join and announced lazily, ''It's my treat.'

Relaxing that she won't have to pay, she realised this new situation meant she will have to have lunch with the barbarian himself. Yes that was the name given to him by most of the staff members but then for her Mendak, she has to bear his tar tar tar when having food also.. Biting a grin at the thought of her telling Kartik on his face about it, she closed the laptop and uncomfortably sat beside him and shifted her face to him.

A thank you was definitely due so she mumbled, 'Thank you so much Sir.. That's really .. I mean words are forming.. But I am way more thankful to you...''

Kartik: 'As far as you keep on doing the slave work so perfectly, you are always welcome.", his statement was followed by a grin that left Naira speechless.

It was one of those lazy grins that leaves the person breathless. That was indeed what Naira felt like rather he even manages to bring little goosebumps on her hand, though she covered it perfectly.

A knock on the door interrupted them followed by entrance of cafe waiter.

'Right on time.'' Kartik encouraged the waiter to place everything properly and leave quietly - the best way to deal with a boss.

''You must say our cafe has excellent service.'

While Kartik was busy opening his burger, Naira was trying hard to keep the hunger pangs of her stomach inaudible. Man, she was hungry like anything.

Quietly opening her food, she ate the delicious food as if it was the last she was to ever get.

Her facial expression of pure bliss was enough to make Kartik's heart contract with a feeling akin to being protective. He had ignored her because he felt it was Surekha's wish that give her this job. But after watching her work so endlessly, he had long agreed this was the best person for the job. But the person was badly in need of care.

Although usually Kartik detested such social work tasks and left it on the women of his family, but when he watched Naira devour the food , he decided he would have to pay some attention to his sectery indeed.

They finished their lunch, Nupur stood up to get the water for him when her leg trapped with the table leg, she was about to fall when a pair of two strong arms wrapped around her waist preventing her from falling.

He called her name softly," Hi.. Naira..!! You Okay..??"

She slowly opened her eyes, and for the first time she saw a concern in someone eyes for her. She just simply nodded. However they both knew a different chord stringed in their heart today.

She was so close to him, Naira's heart was pounding very fast and why it wouldn't his hot breath was falling on her face especially on her half parted lips. She slowly bit her lips not able to meet his intense gaze.

But she didn't knew she has aroused a new feeling in Kartik. He was so lost on her and was inching closer where she was also not opposing it.

Their eyelock moment was broken by a knock. Mr.Vikram cam to discuss something ending their moment but their knew it would surely last in their hearts for sometime.

** Hi Guys.. here is my Next part.. Please vote and comment and let me know about your expectation and negative points. I'll surely take not of it.**