Lost in You

Naira was LOST! The emotions were simply too much for her depraved heart, and groaning she tried not to glance at his lips and anticipate the moment when he will do what he wanted.

She didn't had to wait long, as Kartik read her eyes and placed his lips on hers. Her response made him moan and he kissed her deeply, loving the feel of her warm naive body touching his with innocent ardour that was enough to drive him mad.

Kartik: (kissing her passionately and whispering breathlessly) ''I love you Naira.. Oh Gosh I love u beautiful.''

Naira's mind was clouded by the passion Kartik was igniting inside her body, but still those three magical words made there way to her heart.

He loved her.

Kartik deepened the kiss and his fingers were biting into her waist trying to press his hard , warm body into her soft, yielding one.

But her mind had started to remove the drugged layers and think about what Kartik had said to her.

Love. How long was is since she stopped even reading romantic novels because they had stopped making sense. Love had stopped making sense to her too. But this.. If what Kartik was making her feel was love, then? What was she suppose to do or say?

She could not deny that being with Kartik, in his arms or out of them , was something she had learnt to cherish. Maybe even dream about. Recently so many time she would just pass by his cabin with childish excuses to see him.

Was that love?

Or was the sinking feeling she experienced when leaving office knowing she won't see him till the next day called love?

Or was this warm pleasure that he basked her with called love?

She felt a sudden tussle between her mind and heart while Kartik shifted to blow kisses on her neck.

Mind: well.. U do feel a lot about him..

Heart: alot is an understatement .. But..

Mind: but it's hard to let go.. Of all those loveless, lifeless, dreamless years..

Heart: (sighs) You are right.. Its hard.. But..

Mind: but? What but? Come on speak up.. Don't leave it their!

Heart knew what Naira and the mind both wanted to hear. They wanted it to give up on all the past demons and accept this man. Give love, dreams and life a try. But..

How a but can change the whole shape to an argument..

Mind: you need to make your decision.. Now or never!

Heart knew that.. It was now or never..

Heart: ''but I want to give in to this man.. I want to be loved by him. I want to dream!

Mind: excellent! Simply awesome!

Mind excitedly replied to the heart, quickly sending impulses that made Naira announce, ''I love you too Kartik..''

**************

Kartik's heart jolted at the words. When he had confessed, he was sure that his feelings were one sided.

Naira loved him too.

He shifted to take her face in his hands and look into her eyes. They were half opened, due to the pleasure state Kartik had made her reach in past few minutes. But even behind the glazed expression, he could see that she had meant her words.

He leaned and did something he wanted to do since he had first looked into her eyes.

He kissed them. Only then did he realise her eyelids were wet.

Kartik: ''Naira..''

Naira: (in a broken voice) ''Don't ever leave me Kartik. Please don't ever leave me.''

She held Kartik's shirt in her fists, and didnt for a second blink. She wanted assurance. And he definitely owed her that much.

Kartik: 'I won't Naira..'' (he tenderly made her place her head on his chest and placed his arms around her in a protective possessive manner, ''I won't ever leave you.''

Naira would have replied but just then they heard voices that were followed by approaching footsteps.

Kartik knew he couldn't let Naira be found with him in such a compromising situation and so reluctantly he removed his arms and whispered, ''Go into your room Naira.. I will see u tomorrow beautiful.''

Somewhere her mind knew why he was doing that and in that instant she respected him. Quietly she did what he said and so when the children entered the house they found Kartik standing alone. He explained that he had arrived to sort out some business project details with Naira and that now he was just leaving.

Intimidated by the presence of such a man in their humble abode, they let him leave without any questions.

It was only once he was back in his car that he felt the true impact of all that had happened in past 45 minutes.

So much had changed as he had anticipated. And now, tomorrow will bring a new beginning for both Kartik and Naira.

Smiling at the thought and still cherishing the feel of hold Naira in his arms, Kartik made his way to his house, anticipating the new morning.