SIX

"He said he'd give you a call when he was free?" Jocelyn exclaims. She squeals, falling back into the couch. She kicks her feet excitedly and chants Venus's name.

"Oh, stop it," Venus giggles, settling Jocelyn's overly excited body.

"Wait," Jocelyn starts, her face dropping as she sits up calmly, "what if he's, like, so old?" Venus rolls her eyes. "You're only twenty-five, Vee!"

"Turning twenty-six in a couple months," she reminds, avoiding eye contact with her best friend. "But I know he's around my age. I just feel it. He also looks so young - there's no way he's over thirty."

"Well, guess you'll find out on your first date," Jocelyn breathes, looking over at her best friend with a giddy smile. "I can't believe this is actually happening."

"I feel sixteen again," Venus chuckles, laying back on the couch. Her smile drops, her fingers playing with each other and the string on her sweatpants. "What if he never calls?"

"Vee, stop. Don't think like that," Jocelyn sighs, pulling her up into her arms. She pets her best friend's hair, holding her close. "He definitely feels something for you - I know it."

"You haven't even met him yet," Venus huffs. "And maybe never will."

"Okay, we're going out tonight," Jocelyn interjects. "You need to clear your head, and drinks will always be the cure."

"Or we could just numb my mind with a tub of ice cream and watch movies in my bed," Venus retorts.

"Nope, go get ready. We're partying tonight, young lady."

➴⋆➶

"Michelle!" Venus exclaims as she embraces her best friend's girlfriend. "So nice to see you again."

"Nice to see you too, girl," Michelle laughs, pulling back from her after a good amount of hugging and presses a quick kiss to Jocelyn's lips. She seats herself beside Jocelyn, Venus retaking her seat on the other side of her best friend. "So, Venus has a man?"

"No," Venus interjects, but Jocelyn does as well, at the same time.

"Yes," she speaks, clapping her hands. "Our little Vee found a man finally."

"Hey!" Venus exclaims, moving closer to the two. "I didn't need a man, and still don't."

"Oh honey," Michelle giggles after taking a couple sips from Jocelyn's drink, "you need to alleviate some of that uptight energy — get someone between those smooth and sexy legs-"

"Stop!" Venus squeals, covering her ears and squeezing her eyes shut like a child. Michelle and Jocelyn laugh.

"She definitely does," Jocelyn confirms. "So glad someone can finally loosen up this bossy lady."

"You guys disgust me," Venus retorts, still holding her hands over her ears, but now making eye contact with both women. "Seriously, sex is not on my mind."

"You literally said the other week that you wanted to-"

"Joss!" Venus exclaims. "Stop talking!"