[7] Value

Gideon doesn't really know what to say about his cousin. In fact, there's a lot of things he can't really put his finger considering he doesn't know anything about her. For starters, he didn't even know that she knew Bill! Doesn't that mean he's dealing with someone who's even more dangerous than the dream demon himself.

Occasionally, he had heard the random ramblings of the demon— Mentioning that a particular someone would enjoy doing this or that. The nine year old just didn't expect that it would be [name] of all people— his cousin. He's not sure what kind of tricks could be an ace card in [name]'s sleeves if Bill Cipher, of all people— favors her.

I mean really, he's dabbled in many different careers that garner attention and hope to manipulate them into his own biddings.

...But he least expected his cousin. 

Like the little gremlin might have expected Dipper Pines to be the demon's main amusement! That guy was always ruining his plans when it came to getting real close and personal with his big-time crush— His sister! Well, that does make sense if Dipper Pines was to interfere with his chase since they're family. 

He really wanted to ask both of them; why is his demon partner so interested in his relative? What gives the thrill of chasing someone with that predatory expression glimmering in his eye? What exactly makes it his favorite human to bring him satisfaction? Gideon knew his place though, he held his tongue in fear of being targeted. His cousin was someone who he has little detail of and his demon partner wasn't even in the question.

So how could he get information like this? Not to mention; he didn't have any protection against the dream demon's ability to read minds. All his plans would be exposed and it would do him no good if he were to be in the demon's sight of entertainment. In fact, he was better off staying silent and booted off to the side without a word.

Just like a good little henchman he should be, Gideon should just mind his own business, and worry less about the things that don't involve him.

Dipper had his hands full.

There was a certain probability that Bill Cipher was back and that his only means of sealing him away was practically nonexistent. Does he have a clue on how to fight the demon? Mmm, the journal didn't say it was impossible, but there just hasn't been a method in defeating him. So sealing was the next best thing until some other dumbass decided to unlock him too. 

The nerdy brunette doesn't understand how could someone like this dream demon be so powerful? it made him wonder... Doesn't it get boring to be so all powerful and all knowing? Living for so long must have made some resentments or lingering regrets, but did they all have to become so evil and simple minded destruction to the human kind?

...Whatever, that wasn't what he was trying to think. Dipper wasn't trying to paint the damn demon in a new light, it's just that... He wonders what he even does while waiting for something like this to happen as if it was an opportunity to make. 

Mabel's groan of disappointment and sadness could be heard from the bed next to him as he studied his twin sister briefly before asking in concern. "Um.. What's wrong this time, Mabel?" His sister was silent for a moment before explaining that she met a girl outside of the library, but that girl straightforwardly told her to get lost. 

"Oh... Well that girl probably doesn't see your potential. Maybe you could attempt to convince her." Dipper gave a horrible suggestion that would probably piss off a certain someone even further. Good job, maybe he even signed himself a suicide deal for ever advising his sister again. Maybe Dipper Pines should have just kept his mouth shut while listening to his sister's complaints. 

"You really think so Dipper?" Mabel peeked out of her blankets with a hopeful glimpse in her eyes. Her twin brother was obviously bullshitting the answer, but he wanted to cheer her up. "Of course. Who could resist your optimism even in the darkest of times, Mabel? I believe that you will succeed." Yeah, succeed in dying in the future possibility. 

He certainly sealed his fate.