[11] Obscure

A week passed by after the incident, one less person she had to deal with. Even though she had seen those people around town, that didn't mean she was anything nice to them. To her, they were just as fortunate as the next person to encounter her who ended up being caught in their mischief. No signs of that nuisance of a demon who often liked to stick to her like glue, she was nevertheless thankful for the fact that the house was for once quiet.

Without Gideon acting like a complete idiot for once and contacting that triangular bastard— [name] finally had some actual reading time for herself. The history of Gravity Falls was always a boring tale no matter how many times she would reread it. That and a few misgivings about the supernatural beings that lived here and occasionally tell her if she wasn't threatening to kill them. 

And if her uncle wasn't all over the place in her business, it felt actually nice for once. Moreover, it was impossible to a certain degree if that lump of meat wanted her to act like a cordial family member. [name]'s aunt was out of all the questions, should she ever have any. That cowardice was too highly great of a risk as she would most likely blabber or hide to avoid from the prying eyes. 

On the occasion without three annoying factors to hinder her, going on another hunt was actually fairly fun. If by fun in any definition was terrorizing the unicorn population for their hair, then yes, fun by all means. 

Turning the pages, [name] drifted off in her own thoughts. Sometimes she wondered why she even bothered to come to this dumb world in the first place. She was better off hunting intergalactic species until the point of them of being nearly extinct. Now the pay here was a hundred times better and it risked her life on a few ends. Hunting was better than sitting in some guest room and looking at past historians and their victors rewriting the stories to spice their glow-ups. 

About Gravity Falls, in any case, there was nothing actually worth paying attention to. Sure all the weird shit happens here and only here, but so does all the other planets [name] has been to. Since bounty hunting actually required people to traverse other lands whether worlds or dimensions, hers is to say that quite a lot can happen within many decades. So while [name] was out and about, her actual family— Yeah I mean believe it? 

Her actual blood-live family had more descendants. Now anyone would question this, wouldn't that mean [name] was still the only living relative that was... living beyond the human lifespan? Wouldn't that be weird? Yes it was, it was in fact weird that [name] didn't age. Who the fuck ages after space traveling, killing monsters for money, having the time of ones' prime life, and making trouble for people on purpose? 

In other words, Gideon and [name] were cousins... to a certain extent. Her mother remarried, two sons, and a daughter that were her step-siblings. Those sons had daughters, who also had sons, and vice versa. As for her father, [name] didn't know nor really care about it. At best, the guy probably went to get milk and never came back like the typical norm of dead beat dads. And maybe... in a blink of an eye hundreds of years passed.

Had it been a hundred or two? [name] didn't keep track of who was related to her. Frankly speaking, if she hadn't remembered she had relatives— [name] would have dipped and never looked back at this world again. Being intimate, growing closer to familial blood, now that's just talking funny. Why would she stay for all that when she could keep going on forward without their impeding jealousy? 

This thing was only by chance, she happened to be severely injured from one of her missions and needed some place to stay. The first thing she thought of was naturally a friend, but who the fuck would be alive after hundreds of years except her and whatever strange phenomenon the supernatural that lived in the Falls would ever be willing to be her friend? 

 By chance, [name] recalled the moment she met her... cousins. On the excuse of staying with family to fool her 'uncle Bud' and 'cousin Gideon'. In the closest terms to [name]'s complicated family tree, they aren't significantly related at all... but since they were step-families, in this case [name]'s immortal age should not be mentioned anything beyond this chapter or future. [name] was and is still Gideon's great-step aunt? 

It feels weird to say something like that and hearing that spoiled brat calling her an aunt— Thank god no, they wouldn't know garbage even if it hit them in the face. If [name] was Gideon's great-step aunt, wouldn't that mean his father had to call [name]— 

Yeah ew, never mind. 

It has been exactly one week. One week since that accident, Dipper never really wanted to think about it even though for the first time he had been stunned speechless to the point of not wanting to talk about it. This nagging feeling, he recognized her immediately at the convenience store and surely a few others have put a name to her face. All in honesty, Dipper didn't even know that Gideon had a cousin.

And it had to be the person that he had a nasty run in at the library once. 

As someone who adores mystery hunts, there was something odd about her. This wasn't something straight out of a romance book, excuse you. He was talking about how she was able to put the male ghost in a choking force. Like those scenes in Wars Star, when Death Hater put his subordinates in place by using telekinesis and put them in a choking hold without actually lifting the entire body. 

Man those scenes were always iconic. 

That wasn't the point though, it's just how did she do it? Is there like another tool similarly to how Gideon first tried to kill him for Mabel's hand? But Dipper recalls that he didn't even see a necklace on her, much less a tool to help her. It also seems unlikely that the tool would work on dead beings. 

There was so much to learn... but first, he needed to put up some fucking posters for Stan due to an upcoming fair.